What is the best Science magazine to subscribe to?

• Thread starter Line
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Science
In summary, when looking for a good science magazine to subscribe to, Science Magazine, Physics Today, and Nature are all highly reputable options with a broad scope of topics. For more general-audience news, Discover and Scientific American are also recommended. Popular Science is more technology-focused and New Scientist, while entertaining, may not be as reliable due to its lack of peer-review. Science News is a well-done, quick read for those interested in a variety of scientific topics.
Line
Hey all, what's a good Science magazine to subscribe to?

Physics news on Phys.org
How about the obvious, Science Magazine? :biggrin: (From the publishers of Science, the journal).

Physics Today (published by the APS) is the only one I read regularly. It's a great, general-physics exposition of interesting research, a lot of which is very relevant to real life ("Thermodynamics of Hurricanes", "Stability of Bicycles"). Then, there is a lot of general-audience science news in the first 20-30 pages of both Science and Nature, which are presitigious journals of a very broad scope.

After those, there are two decent popular magazines, Discover, and Scientific American. SciAm is somewhat inconsistent in quality, especially when they venture into theoretical physics; there they aim to impress and entertain, rather than inform.

Popular Science is mainly technology-oriented, so I won't mention it.

Finally you get sensationalist drivel like New Scientist, which is a "non peer-revied journal" (:uhh:) and a regular forum for crackpottery.

Last edited by a moderator:
I subscribed to the weekly publication Science News for years, and read it cover-to-cover. It's a pretty quick read, and well done. Here's their website for more info:

http://www.sciencenews.org/

I like New Scientist - it's very amusing, which is important if you're an ADHD sufferer like I think I am. I wouldn't call anyone there a crackpot, they're just normal (eccentric) Brits.

What is "Good Science Magazine"?

"Good Science Magazine" is a popular science publication that aims to educate and inform readers about various scientific topics and discoveries. It covers a wide range of fields including biology, chemistry, physics, technology, and more.

How often is "Good Science Magazine" published?

"Good Science Magazine" is published on a monthly basis, with a new issue released every month. This ensures that readers have access to the latest and most relevant scientific information and developments.

Who writes for "Good Science Magazine"?

The articles in "Good Science Magazine" are written by a team of experienced and knowledgeable science writers and experts. The magazine also features guest contributions from scientists and researchers in various fields.

Is "Good Science Magazine" suitable for all ages?

Yes, "Good Science Magazine" is designed to be accessible and engaging for readers of all ages. The language and content are tailored to be easily understood by both younger and older audiences, making it a great resource for anyone interested in science.

Can I submit an article or idea to "Good Science Magazine"?

Yes, "Good Science Magazine" welcomes submissions from readers. If you have an interesting idea or article related to science, you can submit it for consideration through the magazine's website or contact the editorial team for more information.