Are Parking Lot Tents Recruiting for Cults?

• Thread starter Entropy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Load
In summary: This is one of the many sites that is a parody of Christianity, and the author does an excellent job of it.
Entropy
Before you look at this site know this: this man is insane and has nothing to do with true-Christians.

http://objective.jesussave.us/index.html

Seriously, this site isn't a joke. These people actually believe this stuff. What can you say to someone whos full of this amount of BS?

Dr. Richard Paley discovered dinosaurs in Africa: http://objective.jesussave.us/dinoexpedition.html Nice picture of an elephant's foot.

A Science-free Science Fair: http://objective.jesussave.us/creationsciencefair.html Wow! That 5th grader sure showed me!

Free Brain Wash:
http://objective.jesussave.us/kidz.html My IQ just dropped 50 points.

No wonder so many people hate religion.

Physics news on Phys.org
whats a true christian? *_*

I did have fun doing the Lambuel maze thing.

whats a true christian?

Real Christians, not people who just say they are and don't really follow the beliefs of Jesus.

ah, man. I've been raised in a Fundamentalist Christian church, and I know their tricks. I read that first link and needed to go no further. They should have NO influence over the politics of this country. They should not be influencing our current president, who is a follower of pat Robertson, and Fallwell, and friends.

They keep their "flock" from critical thinking. It took me a long time to get that back and I had to leave my entire, large family to keep sane. They are all still involved and have had many children to add to the flock.

I hope they do create a new State but I hope it isn't in the US. Let em go to the top edges of Canada. No problem, then the extreme right, gun owners can fight with them if they get out of control. :eek:

This site absolutely is a joke -- just a very well-designed one. Trust me. It's one of the longest-running and best parody sites on the web. The page's contents haven't changed in at least 5 years, though.

- Warren

1st Place: "My Uncle Is A Man Named Steve (Not A Monkey)"
Cassidy Turnbull (grade 5) presented her uncle, Steve. She also showed photographs of monkeys and invited fairgoers to note the differences between her uncle and the monkeys. She tried to feed her uncle bananas, but he declined to eat them. Cassidy has conclusively shown that her uncle is no monkey.

LoL...oh that's very silly.

God--- Religon bugs me

I agree with the others, it is a joke, but still very entertaining. I rather enjoyed the Game Theory section.

It's always the fundamentalists that ruin things. And they wonder why so many people arent into Christianity nowadays.

Hook. Line. Sinker.

I mean, c'mon! All you have to do is read the Noah's Ark experiment caption to know that the page is pure satire.

Sheesh!

Do I need to repeat myself?

(March 28, 2003) Dr. Troy Franklin, OBJECTIVE occult expert, has brought to our attention a disturbing new danger to weak-spirited Christians and unsaved persons that we feel needs to be reported.

As he tells it, while out at a local supermarket shopping for food for his cat, Dr. Franklin noticed one of those small tents advertising "Free Rock Chip Repair" that have been springing up in our nation's parking lots. Curious, he went to enquire about getting a ding in his windshield sealed, only to learn that the person manning the tent had other intentions, namely to try and recruit Dr. Franklin into a cult!

Fortunately, the good doctor has become quite immune to cultic recruiting ploys from his years studying their tactics, and thus he was able to extricate himself from the situation with his soul unharmed. However, those less skilled in their Faith -- and especially those of false faiths or no faith at all -- would have soon found themselves back at the cult headquarters doing all manner of unspeakable rites and blasphemies... or maybe even brainwashed into manning a tent of their own.

For the safety of your soul, do not be tempted by the lure of impulse rock chip repair from strangers in parking lots. It may say free, but it could cost you your soul! If you need your windshield fixed, go to a qualified Christian repair shop.

Yup. Definitely satire or spoof.

1. What does "Get a load of this BS." mean?

"Get a load of this BS." is a colloquial expression that is often used in informal situations to convey disbelief or frustration towards something that has been said or done.

2. Is this phrase considered offensive?

The phrase itself is not inherently offensive, but it can be seen as rude or dismissive depending on the context and tone in which it is used. It is important to use it with caution and consideration for others' feelings.

3. Where did this phrase originate from?

The exact origin of this phrase is unknown, but it is believed to have originated in American slang in the early 20th century. It may have derived from similar phrases such as "load of crap" or "load of bunk."

4. Can this phrase be used in a professional setting?

It is generally not appropriate to use this phrase in a professional or formal setting. It is considered informal and may be seen as unprofessional or disrespectful in certain situations. It is best to use more polite and respectful language in these settings.

5. What are some alternatives to using this phrase?

There are many alternative phrases that can be used to convey a similar sentiment without using potentially offensive language. Some examples include "I can't believe this," "This is ridiculous," or "What a joke." It is important to choose language that is appropriate for the situation and considerate of others.