Seaching for DC motor to be used as a human lift

In summary, for a human vehicle lift with a 900 ft-lbs capacity and a brake, a winch from a company like Kevina would be the most suitable option. Winches are specifically designed for lifting and come with necessary components such as cables, guides, and proper gearing, making them ideal for this purpose.
kevindeschamp
I am building a human lift for a vehicle. I am looking a for DC motor able to life 900 ft-lbs with a brake and the shaft is splined.
Sending me a link to a company that sells this type of motor would be great.

Thank you,
Kevin

Engineering news on Phys.org
a winch is probably your best bet. there are plenty that will lift in excess of what you are looking for. the benefit of a winch over just a dc motor is that it will typically be dc powered and already have a cable, guide, and proper gearing- all things you'd have to engineer on your own otherwise- making it well suited for a lifting machine.

1. What type of DC motor is best for use as a human lift?

The best type of DC motor for use as a human lift is a permanent magnet DC motor. These motors have a higher torque and power density, making them more suitable for lifting heavy loads.

2. What is the recommended power rating for a DC motor used as a human lift?

The recommended power rating for a DC motor used as a human lift is typically between 1 to 3 horsepower. This will ensure enough power to lift a human safely and efficiently.

3. Can a DC motor be used with a variable speed drive for a human lift?

Yes, a DC motor can be used with a variable speed drive for a human lift. This allows for more precise control over the lifting speed and can also help to conserve energy.

4. What are the safety considerations when using a DC motor as a human lift?

When using a DC motor as a human lift, it is important to have safety features in place such as limit switches, emergency stop buttons, and overload protection. Regular maintenance and inspections should also be conducted to ensure the motor is functioning properly.

5. How can I determine the lifting capacity of a DC motor for human use?

The lifting capacity of a DC motor used as a human lift can be determined by calculating the torque and power output of the motor. It is also important to consider the weight of the load being lifted and any additional factors such as friction. Consulting with a professional engineer is recommended for accurate calculations.