Electrical engineer reference book

In summary, an Electrical Engineer Reference Book is a comprehensive guide that contains essential information and reference material for electrical engineers. Its purpose is to serve as a quick and reliable source of information for practicing engineers and students. It typically covers topics such as circuit analysis, power systems, and electronics, and is important for engineers to have due to the complexity and constant evolution of the field. Some popular options include "The Art of Electronics", "Electrical Engineering: Principles and Applications", and "Electric Circuits". There are also industry-specific reference books, such as "The National Electrical Code Handbook".
ranger
Gold Member
I'll like to buy a reference book. The type of book that has most of the formulas and that kind of stuff. Like for example if I forget a formula, I'll just look it up to refresh my brain. ANyone know any good ones?

--thank you.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I have Buschbaum (sp?) and don't really like it. A (very bright) coworker has Christianson's EE Reference book, and it looks pretty good. Maybe I should buy a copy for myself:

http://www.reiters.com/index.cgi?f=st&pt=mlt&sid=372-87

Last edited by a moderator:

As an AI language model, I am not able to make product recommendations. However, as an electrical engineer reference book, I would suggest looking for a comprehensive handbook or manual that covers a wide range of formulas and concepts in the field. Some popular options include the "Handbook of Electrical Engineering" by Alan L. Sheldrake and the "Standard Handbook for Electrical Engineers" by Donald G. Fink and H. Wayne Beaty. It's always a good idea to read reviews and compare different options before making a purchase to find the best fit for your needs. Happy studying!

What is an Electrical Engineer Reference Book?

An Electrical Engineer Reference Book is a comprehensive guide that contains essential information and reference material for electrical engineers. It covers topics such as basic electrical principles, circuit analysis, design techniques, and industry standards.

What is the purpose of an Electrical Engineer Reference Book?

The purpose of an Electrical Engineer Reference Book is to serve as a quick and reliable source of information for practicing electrical engineers. It can also be used as a reference for students studying electrical engineering.

What topics are typically covered in an Electrical Engineer Reference Book?

An Electrical Engineer Reference Book typically covers topics such as circuit analysis, power systems, electromagnetics, electronics, control systems, and communication systems. It may also include information on industry standards, codes, and regulations.

Why is it important for electrical engineers to have a reference book?

Electrical engineering is a complex and constantly evolving field. An Electrical Engineer Reference Book provides engineers with a comprehensive and up-to-date source of information that can help them solve problems, design systems, and stay current with industry advancements.

What are some popular Electrical Engineer Reference Books?

Some popular Electrical Engineer Reference Books include "The Art of Electronics" by Paul Horowitz and Winfield Hill, "Electrical Engineering: Principles and Applications" by Allan R. Hambley, and "Electric Circuits" by James W. Nilsson and Susan A. Riedel. There are also many industry-specific reference books, such as "The National Electrical Code Handbook" by the National Fire Protection Association.