Consistant Periodic Table

In summary, the conversation is about finding a reliable source for the density, melting point, and boiling point of elements for a periodic table project in vb.net. The preferred temperature for density is 20 celsius and pressure is 1 atmosphere, using kelvin and g/cm3. The conversation also mentions the use of STP (standard temperature and pressure) and the need to check for source references.
Nim
Im working on a periodic table in vb.net and I want to start adding in the information for the density, melting point and boiling point for the elements. The problem that I am having is I need to find a source that I know has only entered these values for a specific temp and pressure. I prefer the temperature to be 20 celsius for the density and the pressure to be 1 atmosphere. I am going to use kelvin and g/cm3.

Does anyone know of a source that always shows what pressure/temp its values are based on or a source that says up front that it is all based on a certain pressure and temp unless other-wise noted?

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Unless otherwise noted, they are almost always at STP, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't noted. Just Google for periodic table and check the first dozen or so hits - it shouldn't take that long.

How do you know what they use for the melting point and boiling point on that periodic table? Are you sure it's consistant, the stp thing only seem to appear with the density about every 10 elements are so.

Unless otherwise noted, it will be STP. I'd bet money one it. They have a source listed though, so if you wanted to, you could check the book out of the library...

1. What is the Consistent Periodic Table?

The Consistent Periodic Table is a proposed modification to the traditional periodic table of elements that arranges elements based on their electron configurations rather than their atomic number. This results in a more intuitive and consistent organization of elements.

2. How does the Consistent Periodic Table differ from the traditional periodic table?

The traditional periodic table arranges elements based on their atomic number, while the Consistent Periodic Table arranges them based on their electron configurations. This means that elements in the same electron shell are placed in the same column, making it easier to predict their chemical properties.

3. What are the advantages of using the Consistent Periodic Table?

The Consistent Periodic Table offers several advantages, including a more intuitive organization of elements, easier prediction of chemical properties, and a better understanding of electron configurations and orbital filling patterns.

4. Has the Consistent Periodic Table been officially adopted by the scientific community?

No, the Consistent Periodic Table is a proposed modification to the traditional periodic table and has not been officially adopted by the scientific community. However, it has gained some support and has sparked further research and discussions.

5. Are there any criticisms of the Consistent Periodic Table?

Some critics argue that the Consistent Periodic Table is too complex and difficult to understand for non-experts. Others argue that it does not offer any significant advantages over the traditional periodic table and may even be less accurate in predicting chemical properties. Further research and debate are needed to fully evaluate the potential of the Consistent Periodic Table.