Is Chi Real? Exploring the Concept of Chi in Chinese Philosophy

• Thread starter Line
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chi Force
In summary: Anyway, I'm not sure what to call it.At one point he described how one can build up waves of energy. For example, if one is to throw a right punch, the waves might travel between the right fist and the rear-most foot. The most proficient experts can allegedly quickly produce seven waves, I think it was, which enables an incredibly powerful punch. As a black belt, my buddy could only get to three waves or so.I think this describes Bruce Lee's famous one inch punch.In summary, an electrical current runs through your body and everything around you. Chi may be what the Chinese were referring to when they talked about a force called Chi. Chi is supposedly an electrical current that runs
My first post- a good forum; by the way.

I think y'all got off to a very poor start; and consequently have been floundering ever since.

Is there a such thing as "Chi"?

That is equivalent to asking: "Is there a such thing as 'Vital Energy'?"

What in the hell are we talking about? Until you rigorously define what you're looking for; you can't very well determine its existence; or reality. "Chi" is subject to multiple definitions and interpretations; and many folks who use the term; disagree as to its precise nature; and effects. It may also be; that even the most careful; and restrictive definition of "Chi"; may embrace a phenomena that encompasses more than one casual agent; but again, until you precisely define what you're going to test for; you really don't have much chance of proving; or debunking anything.

...RVM45 :cool:

Physics news on Phys.org
RVM45 said:
My first post- a good forum; by the way.

I think y'all got off to a very poor start; and consequently have been floundering ever since.

Is there a such thing as "Chi"?

That is equivalent to asking: "Is there a such thing as 'Vital Energy'?"

What in the hell are we talking about? Until you rigorously define what you're looking for; you can't very well determine its existence; or reality. "Chi" is subject to multiple definitions and interpretations; and many folks who use the term; disagree as to its precise nature; and effects. It may also be; that even the most careful; and restrictive definition of "Chi"; may embrace a phenomena that encompasses more than one casual agent; but again, until you precisely define what you're going to test for; you really don't have much chance of proving; or debunking anything.

Yeah sure...are we talking about physics, semantics, or beliefs?

In my experience, CHI masters are very hesitant to offer a definition.

This hesitancy seems to stem from the fact that they don't want to crack another CHI master's golden egg and get their own omellete scrambled in return.

Noone wants to create the slightest whisp of a breeze for fear of bringing EVERYONE'S (their own included) house of cards tumbling down.

You have a point there. Beliefs may be true; false; or so poorly defined as to be meaningless. I think you'd have to define it semantically; then determine how you'd translate into Physics terminology. Then again, hypotheticlly Chi might exist; despite the fact that none of its users had a true concept of its actual nature...

I agree with seycyrus.

RVM45 said:
You have a point there. Beliefs may be true; false; or so poorly defined as to be meaningless. I think you'd have to define it semantically; then determine how you'd translate into Physics terminology. Then again, hypotheticlly Chi might exist; despite the fact that none of its users had a true concept of its actual nature...

I agree with seycyrus.

Chi only exists in the mind.....

I have heard there are ways to see your chi, ki, aura (whatever the damn thing is called). For instance you lift your hand and view it against a dark back ground like a painted black wall (works best apparently) You look at your hand and you wil see a faint tranlucent barrier around the contours of your hand. I tried it and it works..I can see it , but I think it's a bloody optical illusion...

Ps: Strangely it moves the way your hand does...better get my eyes check and get n lobotomy LOL

Last edited:
Ps: Strangely it moves the way your hand does...I need to get my eyes checked LOL

Chi, to me, has nothing to do with physics, rather, with psychology. In my experience with martial arts, I believe that Chi is not PHYSICAL energy, just like many of you. But, I have an explanation for what it is. I could just tell you that Chi is a spiritual channeling of energy, but this would be only a partial truth.

The "energy" that you channel, chi, is the feeling of strength, confidence, or, "spirit". Anyone who, for instance, breaks concrete using "chi" could have done the feat without "chi", but not as easily, because their mind would not be prepared for the attempt.

Another good way to describe chi is thus.

-The stomach is the root of the body.
-If the mind is uneasy, if you are nervous, upset, angry, that is the mind, the stomach remains steadfast.
-Chi is the name for the strength that lies in the stomach.
-Using Chi, you can mask, and eliminate all mind delusions, and cover yourself in a blanket of truth, that you CAN conquer whatever you want.
-Chi gives the feeling of solidness, like you are a rock, with no negative emotion.spiritual example: when you have a horrible feeling of dread, the "pit of your stomach" is the last point where it can be felt. This is because no delusional emotion such as greed can dwell in such a powerful place

*bows*

Last edited:
kangaroo303 said:
Chi, to me, has nothing to do with physics, rather, with psychology. In my experience with martial arts, I believe that Chi is not PHYSICAL energy, just like many of you. But, I have an explanation for what it is. I could just tell you that Chi is a spiritual channeling of energy, but this would be only a partial truth.

The "energy" that you channel, chi, is the feeling of strength, confidence, or, "spirit". Anyone who, for instance, breaks concrete using "chi" could have done the feat without "chi", but not as easily, because their mind would not be prepared for the attempt.

Another good way to describe chi is thus.

-The stomach is the root of the body.
-If the mind is uneasy, if you are nervous, upset, angry, that is the mind, the stomach remains steadfast.
-Chi is the name for the strength that lies in the stomach.
-Using Chi, you can mask, and eliminate all mind delusions, and cover yourself in a blanket of truth, that you CAN conquer whatever you want.
-Chi gives the feeling of solidness, like you are a rock, with no negative emotion.

spiritual example: when you have a horrible feeling of dread, the "pit of your stomach" is the last point where it can be felt. This is because no delusional emotion such as greed can dwell in such a powerful place

*bows*

Chi is mentality...

not exactly, Chi is the flow, or way you control that mentality. What I described should explain what it feels like, and where it "comes from" in the body.

Mentality is a loose word, you could have a NEGATIVE mentality, but that would not be Chi. Chi is the balance between proper flow, and a good mentality.

kangaroo303 said:
not exactly, Chi is the flow, or way you control that mentality. What I described should explain what it feels like, and where it "comes from" in the body.

Mentality is a loose word, you could have a NEGATIVE mentality, but that would not be Chi. Chi is the balance between proper flow, and a good mentality.

Bull crap...It is a mentality. I would think on a physics forum, that such would have to be understood

If you understood the meaning of Chi (Chinese for Life Energy) You would see that technically, it shouldn't be on a physics forum at all, but seeing as it is, I was merely entertaining the idea, keep an open mind, I'm not forcing you to agree with me, accept what you know, Not just what I or someone else teaches you, just keep the language down and explain your idea with evidence, not just bland statements please, I am trying to learn too.Mentality, a key word, is always a subject whose root lies in opinion.

Last edited:
kangaroo303 said:
If you understood the meaning of Chi (Chinese for Life Energy) You would see that technically, it shouldn't be on a physics forum at all, but seeing as it is, I was merely entertaining the idea, keep an open mind, I'm not forcing you to agree with me, accept what you know, Not just what I or someone else teaches you, just keep the language down and explain your idea with evidence, not just bland statements please, I am trying to learn too.

Mentality, a key word, is always a subject whose root lies in opinion.

This is a physics forum. Not a discussion on opinion. We deal with scienific data and facts in physics. Not opinions/belieifs...

"Bull crap... Chi is mentality"--Back it up with some evidence?
"We deal with scienific data and facts in physics. Not opinions/belieifs..."---Seems you havn't read previous posts sadly...The world revolves around opinion, ALL of science, even physics, started as theoretical opinions and ideas.

I will not tolerate slander/flaming or hypocrisy, all in your previous posts.

This is an opinion, and is not based on physics, so, argue with me through pm, not on post, when you want to dwell in your hypocrisy, thanks.

The subject of Chi itself is a cultural, religious, and opinionated DISCUSSION, because not much physical data has been found, so opinions, discussions, and physics-less rants are almost expected when talking about Chi (remember, Chi is Chinese for Life Force, spiritual force, not physical)

Last edited:
Alright, let's limit this to a discussion and not a battle of the Chi.

Opinions are fine as long as they are specified to be opinions and not facts. Alleged facts require supporting information and/or evidence.

Last edited:
I didnt realize we were on a topic of opinion, rather than looking for supporting facts ABOUT Chi

Well, Chi is a subject that does not have much physical facts or evidence, it is an ancient chinese art used for many things such as healing and strength.(PS, about the tool used to measure Chi, that is SO weird. I wouldn't trust it for one minute!)

47MartialMan said:
I didnt realize we were on a topic of opinion, rather than looking for supporting facts ABOUT Chi

If someone states their opinion, does this prevent you from presenting factual information to refute that opinion? As long as we make the distinction clear between opinions, evidence, and facts, I see no problem; within limits of course.

I think that Chi is real. However I also think that it only exists in our mind, like MartialMan. The issue is that everything exists in our mind, the physical universe exists in our minds, sound exists in our mind (you hear different frequencies of vibration, it only becomes music when your mind interprets it), however emotions such as love and hate exist only in our mind. Emotions only have an effect on the world through our physical bodies. That is similar to what i view Chi as. You can not say it is not real, it exists in our minds, and has very real effects on the world through the actions of the body. Its hard to explain.

In simple terms; our beliefs about who we are, and what is real, are not simply observations, but rather form ourselves and our realities.

There have actually been some very promising experiments done recently by scientists over the world about Chi and how spiritual people like Tibettan Monks use it. William Tiller has recently done experiments at stanford university with highly trained Tibettan monks, and found that their intentions can 'condition' space in a machine on an atomic level. He does not seem put off by the scientific communities overwhelmingly negative opinion on these sort of effects.

The thing that i found most interesting about it is that it did not matter where the monks were when the experiment was done, they could be in the same room, or thousands of miles away, but the effect was still the same. This was also a key observation made by the PEAR group at princeton university when they were studying the effect of peoples thoughts on the outcome of random number generators. There is a good clip around online where he explains what exactly occurred and the physical basis for the effect, i'll post it if i can find it, its very interesting. Theres some info on the experiment here; http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/mar2/tiller.htm

Tiller is a teacher, researcher, author and consultant, and is currently Professor Emeritus of the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at Stanford University. He previously worked as an advisory physicist at Westinghouse Research Laboratories, and has published 275 scientific papers and three technical books in the field of materials science.

99.999% of all physical 'matter' consists of vacuum, with BIG spaces between electrons and nucleus. Most people think that the vacuum is empty, but for internal self consistancy between Quantum mechanics and relativity, there is required for there to be 1094 grams of mass energy. That means that the energy potential (or latent energy) stored in one single Hydrogen atom is equivalent to one trillion times all the energy in our universe! If our consciousness could interact with the vacuum, we could have some very BIG effects. Even creating a Big Bang would be no problem.

Also the study by By William Cromie at Harvard has also shown thought can influence the physical world in a direct way. The monks in his experiment were able to significantly increase their body temparature way beyond what should be physically possible by conventional bodily functions. And they did this simply by willing themselves to warm up. http://www.hno.harvard.edu/gazette/2002/04.18/09-tummo.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I do believe there is at least a physical manifestation of Chi. Something was posted with regard to this on this forum (I have pasted one of the key posts regarding this physical manifestation of Chi):

http://www.dpselfhelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10191&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=39

I can do this as well, Darren. When did this start for you? It started for me around the summer of 2006 when I visited a sacred mountain. However, I was also having a lot of stress due to some very big personal tragedies that occurred around that time. So I think the "energy" was triggered partly due to life stressors. There is literature that states, "those who suffer too much" may experience a kundalini awakening. This is very likely my experience. What do you think triggered your awakening?

What can I do with this adrenaline/kundalini energy/chi/ki/prana/mana:
I can stop a brain freeze after eating something super cold.
If my arms or legs start to fall asleep I can reverse the process using the kundalini energy and begin to wake them up.
I can increase my pain endurance.
I can increase my stamina so much I can do 200-300 repetitions of a weight instead of the normal 100.
I can bench press 10-20% more in terms of reps or weight than I normally would be able to without using the energy.
I can break harder substances with my fists now.
The adrenaline makes me more calm, confident, aggressive, hot tempered, and delusional.

So if you want to look for the physical manifestation of Chi keep your eyes on people's forearms to see if they have goosebumps and/or standing forearm hairs. I heard the Shaolin Monks had these physical symptoms when they activated their "Chi"/"Kundalini Energy". There you have it, the big mystery is at least partially solved.

Mind you, manifesting the ability to access adrenaline dumps using one's mind happens in very few individuals. Even those who practice Yoga/Chi Kung religiously may not be able to activate as much (I'm not sure about this, but I think the psychotic reaction/spiritual crisis may create a bigger flow of Chi than a decades of martial exercises/breathing techniques... I could be wrong...) adrenaline as someone who had a spontaneous kundalini awakening due to stress from/anger due to life tragedies.

SoleKundalite said:
What can I do with this adrenaline/kundalini energy/chi/ki/prana/mana:.

Forgive me for questioning you, but there have been many (even a few on this forum) who have made fraudulent claims.

SoleKundalite said:
I can increase my stamina so much I can do 200-300 repetitions of a weight instead of the normal 100..

What exercise are you doing, such that you normally do 100 repetitions?

SoleKundalite said:
I can bench press 10-20% more in terms of reps or weight than I normally would be able to without using the energy..

This brings to light a general question. how do you define what you would *normally* be able to do? how do you know that it is just that *normally* you aren't holding back? It is not normal human nature to do things at 100% unless you put your mind to it and will yourself to put forth extra affort.

Most people at the gym have this ability, they psyche themselves up a bit before they lift.

SoleKundalite said:
I can break harder substances with my fists now.

Could it not just be that you are better at breaking now?

I think in terms of martial artists, what you are seeing described as Chi is primarily momentum. Its rather amazing the difference in force between a punch thrown from the shoulder and one thrown by twisting the hips and using the shoulder. Talking about sending a wave from the back foot to the fist is really a convenient metaphor for shifting the entire weight of the body into a small point. Many of the impressive demonstrations performed by Chi arts are also performed by non-mystic arts as well. I watched a 125 pound woman break a cinder block with her fist in a Tae Kwon Do class, and we discussed nothing but muscle tension and focusing strikes on a point. Which makes a lot of sense, physically, 125 pounds spread over the surface area of an entire hand cause much less damage than 125 pounds on the point of a knuckle.

I don't see how this is even a debate. Chi isn't real, period. Any sort of "proof" the chi-believers give can always be explained the way Violator just did.

What you describe as "chi" is simply "psyching up". Athletes do it all the time.

Forgive me for questioning you, but there have been many (even a few on this forum) who have made fraudulent claims.

I will post a photo showing the goosebumps and forearm hairs standing in the near future. I hope God rewards me for satisfying everyone's curiosity. C'mon where are the others who are like me? If there are any please post a similar photo.

What exercise are you doing, such that you normally do 100 repetitions?

Dumbbell curls, when I was normal I would say do 100 repetitions of a 20 lb weight and upon trying to exert myself/making some noise maybe could go up to 130 reps. This adrenaline rush type energy allows me to recharge in a few seconds as well as decrease my sensitivity to pain, so I can increase reps to 200 to maybe even 250-300. But using it excessively causes my body temperature to increase a bit so I feel a bit of heat around me. If done long enough I might have a little tension near my forehead. I have observed many other guys at the gym and I did not see the hairs on their forearms stand. This is the clearest sign that the adrenaline release is taking place. Try and do a google search on kundalini + adrenaline. Like I said, I think this ability is very rare, at least in terms of the adrenaline release. A psychiatrist I talked to said he did meditation for 3 months and was able to fire a small adrenaline rush but it only lasted 1 or 2 seconds.

This brings to light a general question. how do you define what you would *normally* be able to do? how do you know that it is just that *normally* you aren't holding back? It is not normal human nature to do things at 100% unless you put your mind to it and will yourself to put forth extra affort.

Most people at the gym have this ability, they psyche themselves up a bit before they lift.

Adrenaline/Chi allows one to have just tons of energy. All the big guys/other guys will be sweating and resting while you can get 2-3 times the workout they're getting. The adrenaline also causes you to sweat less or maybe it's a psychological thing, i.e. you don't feel like you're pushing yourself as hard so you don't sweat as much...? One way you might be able to get an idea of what I'm talking about is to purchase some epinephrine and inject yourself when you go to the gym and see if you get adrenaline rushes to help you push yourself beyond your wildest dreams. You might need a prescription to purchase the epinephrine though.

In a way, epinephrine could possibly be a substitute for anabolic steroids if it can work as effectively as the summoned adrenaline that some kundalini yogis, chi kung masters, and myself are able to do. I am looking for others who can do this, esp. if they are yogis or chi kung practitioners to get a better understanding of the gradual development of this ability vs. what happened to me- a spontaneous awakening.

So far my testicles haven't shrunk so I guess adrenaline is better than anabolic steroids. However, you will feel some kind of energy around your body, esp. your body, and if you're say stressed at work it will activate a little or if you hear music that hypes you up. So like you can feel something around your brain.

Could it not just be that you are better at breaking now?

I never received any breaking instruction from a martial artist so I only stick to ice at the moment. It seems easier to break now and I appear more focused and fired up. There's less of that hesitation b/c of the increased Chi/adrenaline levels. I read somewhere that increased adrenaline levels cause increased testosterone as well. Increased testosterone = increased aggression, confidence, and less fear.

Kundalini energy/Chi does have potential downfalls. Not everyone's nervous system may be able to handle this as well as others so some may have certain side effects that I do not experience (so far, thank god). I have heard of two other guys in my city who can make their forearm hairs stand. They are actually part-time energy healers and have traveled to various countries healing people. I had a brief phone conversation with one of their wives. She told me that healing people can drain some of my life force, esp. if I turn it on a lot or do it inappropriately. This makes me a bit hesitant to go to the gym too often. Not only that I become a little hot tempered/cranky about 6 hrs after the gym if I use it a lot.

Violator said:
I think in terms of martial artists, what you are seeing described as Chi is primarily momentum. Its rather amazing the difference in force between a punch thrown from the shoulder and one thrown by twisting the hips and using the shoulder. Talking about sending a wave from the back foot to the fist is really a convenient metaphor for shifting the entire weight of the body into a small point. Many of the impressive demonstrations performed by Chi arts are also performed by non-mystic arts as well. I watched a 125 pound woman break a cinder block with her fist in a Tae Kwon Do class, and we discussed nothing but muscle tension and focusing strikes on a point. Which makes a lot of sense, physically, 125 pounds spread over the surface area of an entire hand cause much less damage than 125 pounds on the point of a knuckle.

I would like to explore this in the near future. So then if they have the "real Chi" as in adrenaline summoning ability then these breaking feats should be even easier. I did speak to a Chi Kung master overseas about a year ago. He did not know anything about the goosebumps/hairs standing but had me press into his body w/ my fingers (as if I were doing a finger jab) to show how dense his body had become through his many years of Chi Kung exercises. Maybe it was a different kind of "chi" that he had...? Maybe the exercises gave just tiny spurts of adrenaline release each day he practiced and over 20+ yrs made his body stronger...? I dunno...

Poop-Loops said:
I don't see how this is even a debate. Chi isn't real, period. Any sort of "proof" the chi-believers give can always be explained the way Violator just did.

What you describe as "chi" is simply "psyching up". Athletes do it all the time.

If these athletes are able to make their forearm hairs stand for 5-10 mintues or longer while "psyching up" then I would agree.

Chi in terms of how it is talked about on Kundalini yoga websites I certianly believe is real b/c i am living proof. However, those others who do not manifest these signs/symptoms that I described I am a bit skeptical of... unless there are other forms of Chi aside from the more noticeable adrenaline based type. It's pretty basic really, just do some reading on the "fight or flight" response. Someone who can summon adrenaline is able to keep this response long periods of time. If I'm at a nightclub I can have it on for 2-3 hrs. But I try not to do that anymore b/c turning it on a lot makes me more absent minded and a little deluded.

The Energy Idea

i am currently in a health psychology class that cover all sorts of alternative medicines. one of the main points we covered was chi (China), Ki (Japan), Prana (India), and Sila (Inuit). chi, which is probably the most popular name for this energy, is basically the life force that permeates us. there are many Energy medicine therapies that are practiced to balence out the energy betwene your seven Chakras. these Therapies include Therapeutic Touch, Acupuncture and Auricular Acupuncture, Yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Phoenix Rising, and Breathing exercises. Reiki is a Touch therapy that is practiced in many hospitals around the world. there have been some tests done to see weather or not this Energy medicine works or is it was just the placebo effect. you can look this up by just typing "reiki placebo effect test" into Google search.
i myself do not really know weather i believe in this energy or energy transfer. but i don't discount the possibility. there is so much we don't know, and who's to say that this really isn't a fact of life? when Galileo publish his book Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems many people where skeptic to his theory that the Earth was not the center of our universe. he was ridiculed and even forbidden to hold, teach or defend his opinion in any way, either verbally or in writing and later found guilty as suspected of heresy and was made to kneel down and abjure his opinion. the bottom line is you need to keep your mind open to new ideas weather the idea sounds far fetched or not. having an open mind is the key for the advancement of our knowledge as a whole.

I think there is a lot of confusion going on here around the use of the term chi. It seems as if multiple different causes and effects are all being called by the same name. We have the chi that allows people to call a wave through them to a point. We have chi that allows an adrenaline dump. We have chi that can be used for touch therapy. Some of these have blatant scientific explanations, for example the momentum I refrenced earlier. Some of them, however, do not. I think its important to distinquish, as it would be easy to point at obivous feets (he put his fist thorugh a cinder block) and claim miraculous abilities (so he must be able to throw fireballs).

striker5585 said:
i myself do not really know weather i believe in this energy or energy transfer. but i don't discount the possibility. there is so much we don't know, and who's to say that this really isn't a fact of life? when Galileo publish his book Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems many people where skeptic to his theory that the Earth was not the center of our universe. he was ridiculed and even forbidden to hold, teach or defend his opinion in any way, either verbally or in writing and later found guilty as suspected of heresy and was made to kneel down and abjure his opinion. the bottom line is you need to keep your mind open to new ideas weather the idea sounds far fetched or not. having an open mind is the key for the advancement of our knowledge as a whole.

Exactly. Galileo came along and completely crushed everybody's unfounded notions that the Earth is the center of the universe.

Western medicine came along and completely crushed everybody's unfounded notions that there were humors, that there is chi, evil spirits, voodoo, whatever.

The people who cling to this are forgetting that people came up with this nonsense hundreds, even thousands of years ago. If it had really worked, nobody would have bothered to come up with new medicine.

Modern medicine would still be under development even if touch healing had benefits. Why? Very few people are capable of activating this adrenaline rush, e.g. probably very few people besides myself and two energy healers (whom I was referred to) in my city are able to activate it. Think of it as like not having enough medicine to go around. Another thing to note is that these energy healers can exhaust themselves physicially when performing the healings.

Poop-Loops i think you misunderstood the point i was trying to convey. i said that society needs to keep there minds open to "new" ideas when i should have said "different" ideas. western medicine has come along due to the advancements of our knowledge and technology. its easy to agree that if it weren't for western medicine and the applicable technology people would live much shorter lives. the point that i am trying to convey is that alto western medicine is a huge part of out modern medicine you must not forget other avenues of treatment. use western medicine along with holistic methods of treatment. you must remember that some large changes in the western medical practice were due to holistic ideas.

SoleKundalite said:
Dumbbell curls, when I was normal I would say do 100 repetitions of a 20 lb weight and upon trying to exert myself/making some noise maybe could go up to 130 reps.

I immediately have to question the depth of your experience working out, and therefore the objectivity of your observations and conclusions. What do you believe you are accomplishing by do 100 repetitions with 20 lbs?

SoleKundalite said:
This adrenaline rush type energy allows me to recharge in a few seconds as well as decrease my sensitivity to pain, so I can increase reps to 200 to maybe even 250-300. But using it excessively causes my body temperature to increase a bit so I feel a bit of heat around me. If done long enough I might have a little tension near my forehead.

These sound like normal symptoms from pumping iron/working out.

SoleKundalite said:
I have observed many other guys at the gym and I did not see the hairs on their forearms stand. This is the clearest sign that the adrenaline release is taking place.

They could simple not be working out that hard.

SoleKundalite said:
Adrenaline/Chi allows one to have just tons of energy. All the big guys/other guys will be sweating and resting while you can get 2-3 times the workout they're getting.

Your definition of "get 2-3 times the workout" is a bit ambiguous. You yourself distance it from sweating or feeling fatigued. Surely you are not claiming that you can max out at 2-3times what they are?

SoleKundalite said:
I never received any breaking instruction from a martial artist so I only stick to ice at the moment. It seems easier to break now and I appear more focused and fired up. There's less of that hesitation b/c of the increased Chi/adrenaline levels.

Either that or you have more confidence because you have practiced doing it.

And with that... you're done.

Let's say I do 10-14 reps of 35 or 40 lbs as a heavier weight. So 20 lbs is a bit lighter.

Adjust your own heavier weight that you do 10-14 reps and use one that is 15-20 lbs lighter and do 100 reps if that would make it similar to me using a 20 lb weight. After doing 100 reps try and do 200-300 reps. It is pretty much impossible unless you can get the adrenaline/electricity to flow through your body and feel it. It's like an aura. Like I said I've been observing all the other guys at numerous gyms and none of them seem to have this ability besides myself. Didn't see any goosebumps nor forearm hairs standing straight up.

Just read up a little on how adrenaline actually works and then visualize what it can do at greater levels than when excreted normally.

I haven't gone to the gym as consistently over the past 10 yrs due to graduate studies. I'm in my late 20's.