Did the A380 land at Death Row?

• Thread starter brewnog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Death Row
In summary, the Airbus A380 is a large, luxurious airplane that is more efficient per passenger-mile than smaller aircraft. It is British manufactured, and will be landing in London while it is still taking off in Paris.
Physics news on Phys.org
I would of went out to see that! Very cool.

Go on Airbus :) I am happy and sad all at the same time... The amount of polution that thing must cause... But its an engineering marvel

Anttech said:
Go on Airbus :) I am happy and sad all at the same time... The amount of polution that thing must cause... But its an engineering marvel

Less per seat than a jumbo! But yes, it's a lot. I just get a nice warm fuzzy feeling when I think that it's British manufacturing which is keeping the thing in the sky, it makes me feel proud like I probably would have felt 60 odd years ago seeing Spitfires rolled out.

Barf, please, NEVER compare this big flying school bus to a spitfire EVER again! :cry:

Boeing's are much nicer airplanes...USA USA!

Where is Fred, let's chuck something at these ugly airbus' :grumpy:

Anttech said:
Bigger is virtually always more efficient per passenger-mile than smaller.

I saw the video. It rolled a little. I imagine a slightly high cg makes is bit more unsteady. I imagine it will have problems in cross-winds. :rolleyes:

I would have thought a little dihedral, or better yet, good fly-by-wire would be able to take care of that.

They may have some fine tuning to do. Also, there is a point where the pilot can take manual control, IIRC.

This plane is so big that it will actually be landing in London while it's still taking off in Paris.

Amazing.

cyrusabdollahi said:
Barf, please, NEVER compare this big flying school bus to a spitfire EVER again! :cry:

Boeing's are much nicer airplanes...USA USA!

Where is Fred, let's chuck something at these ugly airbus' :grumpy:

Ooooo, green as crab apples:smile: first we have the fastest now
the biggest, seem boing has to do some catch up :rofl:

wolram said:
You had the first one too...the Comet...but that had an annoying tendency to crash. Of course, there's nothing that you guys asking for help from the French won't cure!:tongue2:

You Brits are OK in my book. My company got into the civilian market with Rolls' help.

That monstrosity will need a 100 knot cross wind before it gets pushed around. It's probably smooth as silk riding on that thing.

FredGarvin said:
You had the first one too...the Comet...but that had an annoying tendency to crash. Of course, there's nothing that you guys asking for help from the French won't cure!:tongue2:

You Brits are OK in my book. My company got into the civilian market with Rolls' help.

That monstrosity will need a 100 knot cross wind before it gets pushed around. It's probably smooth as silk riding on that thing.

You are a good in my book Fred, :smile:

Fred, you are a sellout to the American blue collar worker.

For shame.

Did you forget that we invented the airplane?

Last edited:
cyrusabdollahi said:
Did you forget that we invented the airplane?

Nah, you just improved on a design by a certain Italian.

Um, No.

</end limit>

wolram said:

Do you reeeeeeally want to talk about the SST?

Rach3 said:
Nah, you just improved on a design by a certain Italian.
Yes he never told anyone so it doesn't count.
(How could someone make that many revoltiznary inventions and never tell anyone:confused: )

I'm no sellout. I do believe in credit where credit is due. I happen to owe a lot to a certain Mr. Whittle, who was another Brit.

But I do draw the line at the French.

I don't need to bring up things like the 747, SR-71, the x series planes, etc...

My dad was there to see it O_O

1. What is the A380 and why is it landing at Death row?

The A380 is a double-decker, wide-body commercial aircraft manufactured by Airbus. It is landing at Death row, which is a colloquial term for a specific runway at a certain airport, due to various reasons such as maintenance or operational needs.

2. Is it safe for the A380 to land at Death row?

Yes, it is safe for the A380 to land at Death row. The airport and its runways are designed and equipped to handle different types of aircraft, including the A380. The pilots are also highly trained and experienced in landing at this specific runway.

3. How long is the runway at Death row and is it long enough for the A380 to land?

The runway at Death row varies in length depending on the specific airport. However, it is typically longer than other runways at the same airport to accommodate larger aircraft such as the A380. The length of the runway is also calculated based on the weight and speed of the aircraft, ensuring that it is long enough for a safe landing.

4. Will the A380 cause any disruptions or delays at the airport?

It is possible that the arrival of the A380 at Death row may cause some disruptions or delays at the airport, especially if it is not a common occurrence. However, the airport and its staff will work to minimize any potential disruptions and ensure that the aircraft lands safely and efficiently.

5. Are there any special procedures or considerations for the A380 when landing at Death row?

Yes, there are special procedures and considerations for the A380 when landing at Death row. The airport and its staff will follow specific protocols to ensure the safe and smooth landing of the aircraft, including coordinating with air traffic control and using specific approach and landing techniques.