Help with an h bridge controller

In summary, the conversation revolved around using p-type MOSFETs for an r/c cars h bridge controller, and the possibility of using n-type MOSFETs instead without voltage pump circuits. The speaker also asked for more information on the specific devices being used.
rockstar
i'm using p type mosfets for an r/c cars h bridge controller (the two n types have been replaced with p types because of their lower internal resistance) and was wondering if there is a way to do it without voltage pump circuits that stills alllows a P.W.M. torque controller.

Engineering news on Phys.org
So you're using p-type mosfets for the low-side switches as well?

EDIT -- I would have thought the n-fets would have better performance. What are the devices?

berkeman said:
So you're using p-type mosfets for the low-side switches as well?

EDIT -- I would have thought the n-fets would have better performance. What are the devices?

large 1:4 scale r/c car and use a LOT of current the difference in the internal resistance was becoming a problem in heating, and srry it was n types just i was typeing without thinking

Last edited:
Okay, so you want to use n-channel power MOSFETs for the high-side switches instead of p-channel. Hmmm, got to think about that one. Do you have a pointer to the n-channel device datasheets? And maybe one to the p-channel FETs that you are trying to replace.

1. What is an H bridge controller?

An H bridge controller is an electronic circuit that is used to control the direction and speed of a motor by changing the polarity of the voltage supplied to the motor.

2. How does an H bridge controller work?

An H bridge controller works by using four switches to control the flow of current to a motor. By changing the states of these switches, the polarity of the voltage supplied to the motor can be changed, allowing for control of the motor's direction and speed.

3. What are the applications of an H bridge controller?

H bridge controllers are commonly used in robotics, electric vehicles, and other motor control applications. They can also be used in household appliances, such as fans and electric drills.

4. What are the different types of H bridge controllers?

There are two main types of H bridge controllers: bipolar and MOSFET. Bipolar H bridge controllers use transistors to control the motor, while MOSFET H bridge controllers use metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect transistors. MOSFET controllers are more efficient and can handle higher currents, but they are also more expensive.

5. How do I choose the right H bridge controller for my project?

When choosing an H bridge controller, consider factors such as the voltage and current requirements of your motor, the type of control (analog or digital), and the cost. It is also important to ensure that the controller can handle the load and has built-in protections, such as overcurrent and overvoltage protection, to prevent damage to the motor and the controller itself.