Controlling a DC Motor with 8051 Microcontroller for a Radio-Controlled Car

In summary, the conversation is about someone requesting help with programming a 8051 microcontroller to control a DC motor for a radio-controlled car. They want the motor to move forward when 2 is pressed, left when 4 is pressed, right when 6 is pressed, backwards when 8 is pressed, and stop when 5 is pressed. They are asking for help in coding this in either assembly or C, and are advised to show their attempt at the problem first. The conversation also mentions using an H bridge to move the motor in both directions. The person is advised to use proper English and to post their attempt at the problem or pseudo-code for guidance.
sushant15488
hey ny1 can give me the 8051 microcontroller programming... to control dc motor ...? we r making a radio conrol car...with the help of mobile...when we press 2 ...car move if forward direc. when 4 then move in left n when press 6 move in...right ...whe press 8 thne backward ..when press 5 then stop...

Physics news on Phys.org
we have used ...H bridge..to move motor in both direc.?
can ny1 ...have program for that in assembly or in c

First of all; welcome to PF.

1)We do not hand out answers here. Show us your code or your attempt and someone will try to assist you.

2)Use proper English when requesting help. Your "sentences" are hard to read as it currently is.

i don't have code rite now......

Well show us your attempt at the problem when you have it.

ranger said:
First of all; welcome to PF.

1)We do not hand out answers here. Show us your code or your attempt and someone will try to assist you.

2)Use proper English when requesting help. Your "sentences" are hard to read as it currently is.

can u help me ...for that...we need only coding section...

so i will show my attempt next time...

sushant15488 said:
so i will show my attempt next time...

If you have trouble coding the c initially, just post some pseudo-code to show what kind of control algorithm you have in mind. At least if we see your pseudo-code, we can guide you somewhat in how you should convert that to c.

And yes, please type out the words in full -- you are using a full-size keyboard after all. Texting shorthand does not belong in a web-based technical forum like the PF.

Last edited:

1. What is a microcontroller?

A microcontroller is a small computer on a single integrated circuit (IC) chip that is designed to control specific functions. It consists of a processor, memory, and input/output peripherals, and is commonly used in embedded systems.

2. What are the benefits of microcontroller programming?

Microcontroller programming allows for the creation of customized, low-cost, and efficient embedded systems for a wide range of applications. It also provides real-time control, reduced power consumption, and high reliability.

3. What programming languages are commonly used for microcontroller programming?

The most commonly used programming languages for microcontroller programming are C and assembly language. C is a high-level language that is easy to learn and has a wide range of libraries and compilers available, while assembly language allows for low-level control and optimization of code.

4. What are some common applications of microcontroller programming?

Microcontroller programming is used in a variety of applications, including consumer electronics, industrial control systems, medical devices, automotive systems, and more. It is often used to control functions such as temperature, speed, and power in these applications.

5. What are some important considerations when programming a microcontroller?

When programming a microcontroller, it is important to consider factors such as memory usage, power consumption, real-time requirements, and input/output capabilities. It is also important to thoroughly test and debug the code to ensure proper functionality and reliability.