Finding Maximum and Minimum Electron Energy in Muon Decay

In summary, the conversation discusses a physics problem involving the decay of a muon and the determination of the maximum and minimum energy of the resulting electron. The conversation includes various equations and assumptions, with one person suggesting considering the solutions where the neutrinos are along the same direction as the incoming muon. However, another person points out that this argument is not entirely correct. The conversation ends with a request for help in proving the correct solution.
Thank you all.

Physics news on Phys.org
It amazes me how complicated even a very elementary problem in relativistic kinematics is. This is most of the reason I work in qubits instead of the full field theory.

It was surely my fault to complicate it :-( I went for a limit solution to avoid giving Tolya an explicit one, and the limit obscured the discussion. It is elementary if you have the right physical intuition, but complicated if you need to trade physics by math. On the positive side, the complication gave us a complete view of the panorama, and I am reassured about keeping the thread on decay rates going forward

Hmm I am also amazed that the label [SOLVED] does not close the thread. Well.