Water Electrolysis and Water Dissociation with RF waves

In summary, the conversation discusses the phenomenon of water dissociation with Radio Frequency (RF) waves discovered by John Kanzius. The questions posed include the difference between this phenomenon and water electrolysis, the effect of increasing the watts of the RF waves, and the requirements for directing the RF to a larger test tube. The group also discusses the claim that the production of H2 and O2 from water dissociation with RF waves is more efficient than through electrolysis, which has been met with skepticism due to its contradiction of known laws of physics.
Butterfly_grl
THIS IS NOT A HOMEWORK QUESTION.

As Physicist of course I'm sure you've heard about the water dissociation with Radio waves that john kanzius discovered and I have a few questions on my mind listed below

1) What is the difference between this phenomenon and water electrolysis? Is it true that the H2 and O2 produced from Dissociation of water with RF waves are more efficient than their production in electrolysis?

2) What happens when increasing the watts of the RFG? Does it give more Waves and How? Or does it increase the range of the RF waves?

3) If I wanted to direct the RF to a bigger test tube would it need more RF waves or would we want to increase the power? (If there was a Mathematical calculation please could you provide it?)

I emailed those to Mr Rustum Roy and I hope to get any answers from him and I thought I'd have any from the professionals of this site.

Physics news on Phys.org
Butterfly_grl said:
Is it true that the H2 and O2 produced from Dissociation of water with RF waves are more efficient than their production in electrolysis?

That's what they claim. It contradicts several laws of physics, so it is hard to treat these claims seriously.

Thank you for your questions. I am always interested in discussing and exploring new discoveries and phenomena. Let me address your questions one by one:

1) Water electrolysis and water dissociation with RF waves are two different processes. In water electrolysis, an electric current is passed through water to break it down into hydrogen and oxygen gas. This process requires a significant amount of energy and is not considered to be very efficient. On the other hand, water dissociation with RF waves involves using radio frequency waves to break the bonds between the hydrogen and oxygen atoms in water molecules, resulting in the production of hydrogen and oxygen gas. This process is considered to be more efficient as it does not require a large amount of energy. However, more research is needed to fully understand the differences between these two processes and their efficiency levels.

2) Increasing the watts of the RF waves will result in an increase in the power of the waves. This means that more energy will be transferred to the water molecules, resulting in a higher rate of dissociation. However, simply increasing the power of the RF waves may not necessarily lead to increased efficiency. The optimal frequency and power level for water dissociation with RF waves are still being studied and researched.

3) To direct the RF waves to a bigger test tube, you would need to increase the power of the waves. This is because the waves need to have enough energy to reach and dissociate the water molecules in the larger volume. The exact mathematical calculation would depend on a variety of factors such as the frequency and power of the RF waves, the size of the test tube, and the properties of the water being used. As mentioned before, more research is needed to fully understand and optimize this process.

I hope this helps answer your questions and provides some insight into the exciting field of water dissociation with RF waves. It is still a relatively new discovery and there is much to be explored and understood. I encourage you to continue learning and exploring this topic, and to keep asking questions and seeking answers. That is how science progresses and new discoveries are made.

1. What is water electrolysis and how does it work?

Water electrolysis is a process in which an electrical current is passed through water, causing it to break down into its constituent elements of hydrogen and oxygen. This is possible because water molecules are composed of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom, which can be separated by an electric current. The process involves two electrodes, a positive and a negative, which are placed in the water and connected to a power source. When the current flows through the water, the hydrogen ions (H+) are attracted to the negative electrode and the oxygen ions (O2-) are attracted to the positive electrode, resulting in the separation of the water molecules into hydrogen and oxygen gas.

2. What is water dissociation with RF waves?

Water dissociation with RF (radio frequency) waves is a method of breaking down water molecules into hydrogen and oxygen gas using radio frequency energy. This process is similar to water electrolysis, but instead of using an electric current, it uses RF waves to excite the water molecules and cause them to split apart. This method is often used in industrial applications, as it can be more efficient and cost-effective than traditional electrolysis methods.

3. What are the potential benefits of using water electrolysis or dissociation with RF waves?

There are several potential benefits to using water electrolysis or dissociation with RF waves. Firstly, both methods can produce hydrogen gas, which is a clean and renewable energy source. This gas can be used in fuel cells to generate electricity, or as a clean fuel for vehicles. Additionally, these processes can also produce oxygen gas, which can be used in various industrial applications. Furthermore, using RF waves for water dissociation may be more energy-efficient and environmentally friendly compared to traditional electrolysis methods.

4. Are there any limitations or challenges associated with water electrolysis or dissociation with RF waves?

While water electrolysis and dissociation with RF waves have many potential benefits, there are also some limitations and challenges to consider. Both methods require a significant amount of energy to be input, which can be expensive and may come from non-renewable sources. Additionally, the production and storage of hydrogen gas can be challenging and costly. Furthermore, the efficiency of RF waves for dissociation may vary depending on the water source and impurities present. These challenges need to be addressed in order to fully harness the potential of these technologies.

5. How is water electrolysis and dissociation with RF waves being used in current research and applications?

Research and development in the field of water electrolysis and dissociation with RF waves are ongoing, with a focus on improving efficiency and reducing costs. These technologies are being explored for various applications, including renewable energy storage, clean fuel production, and wastewater treatment. In addition, there are efforts to integrate these methods into larger systems, such as using hydrogen gas as a storage medium for renewable energy sources. As these technologies continue to advance, we can expect to see more widespread adoption and innovative applications in the future.