What Makes 100%? What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?

• Thread starter jimmy p
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of giving more than 100% and what makes up 100% in life. A mathematical formula is provided using letters as representations of numbers, and it is shown how hard work, knowledge, attitude, bullsh*t, and ass kissing contribute to reaching 100%. The conversation also includes a humorous reference from The Simpsons and a personal anecdote.
jimmy p
Gold Member
From a strictly mathematical viewpoint...

What Makes 100%? What does it mean to give MORE than 100%? Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%? We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over 100%. How about achieving 103%? So what makes up 100% in life?

Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these questions:

If:

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z is represented as: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Then... H+A+R+D+W+O+R+K, 8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%
and K+N+O+W+L+E+D+G+E, 11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%

But... A+T+T+I+T+U+D+E, 1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%
and B+U+L+L+S+H+I+T, 2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%

AND look how far ass kissing will take you...
A+S+S+K+I+S+S+I+N+G, 1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 127%

So, one can then conclude with mathematical certainty that while Hard Work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you there, Bullsh*t and Ass Kissing will put you over the top

Physics news on Phys.org
That's far from being mathematically accurate, but of course I'm stating the obvious here.

Still funny though. :smile:

Hehe I saw this one before. It's a good one :smile:

Interesting view point! Funny as well.
I will email this to all my friends! lol!

From the Simpsons: One time the coach (forgot who it was) wanted the Springfield Isotope team to give 110%. Their response (in unison): "But that is impossible. By definition 100% is the most anyone can possibly give."

Very good stuff, man. By the way, I think you should get out more, dude. I think I used 127% to get my B's in Spanish because that's pretty much all I did.

What does it mean to give 100%?

Giving 100% means putting in your maximum effort and dedication towards a task or goal. It involves giving your all and not holding back any effort or resources.

Why is giving 100% important?

Giving 100% is important because it allows you to achieve your full potential and reach your goals. It also shows commitment and dedication, which can lead to success and personal satisfaction.

How can I give 100%?

To give 100%, you can start by setting clear and achievable goals, prioritizing tasks, managing your time effectively, and being disciplined and focused. It also involves having a positive attitude and being resilient in the face of challenges.

What are the benefits of giving 100%?

The benefits of giving 100% include personal growth and development, achieving success, building strong relationships, and gaining a sense of fulfillment and satisfaction. It can also lead to opportunities and recognition in various areas of life.

Is it possible to give 100% all the time?

While it is important to strive to give 100%, it is not always possible to do so. Factors such as fatigue, distractions, and unexpected events can affect our ability to give our all. It is important to find a balance and prioritize self-care to maintain consistency in giving 100%.