Is My Leg Pain Related to a Lower Back Issue?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary: Check to see if you are taking any medications that might be causing the problem.Leg pain can be caused by a lower back problem. Check to see if you are taking any medications that might be causing the problem.
tribdog
I haven't done anything to strain them, but the muscles in my thighs are just burning. I can't get comfortable enough to go to sleep and I'm tired. I feel like I have to keep walking around or at least keep bouncing my legs because as soon as I stop moving them the burning comes back. Its driving me nuts. It is definitely lactic acid build up, it has to be, but I don't know what caused it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Did you do a lot of walking or running today?

I just walked across the street to the store and back. Less than half a mile.

It's the herpies acting up again.

Cyrus said:
It's the herpies acting up again.

I don't think I have herpes I think the HIV killed it.

I've been bouncing my legs for about 45 minutes and the pain has receded. I know its going to come right back, but I'm going to try getting to sleep before that happens.

tribdog said:
Having never used them before, a half mile is an awful lot for your first time walking.

russ_watters said:
Having never used them before, a half mile is an awful lot for your first time walking.

Sort of like that headache you got the other day?

tribdog said:
Wham! Can't Touch This!

turbo-1 said:
Wham! Can't Touch This!

Its so fun to tell jokes around people smart enough to get them.

tribdog said:
Look, I couldn't find my hammer and it seemed like a good idea at the time...

I would recommend amputation, just to be safe... for both the sore legs, and the headache.

tribdog said:
Where the hell do you live that has streets that wide??

tribdog said:
I haven't done anything to strain them, but the muscles in my thighs are just burning. I can't get comfortable enough to go to sleep and I'm tired. I feel like I have to keep walking around or at least keep bouncing my legs because as soon as I stop moving them the burning comes back. Its driving me nuts. It is definitely lactic acid build up, it has to be, but I don't know what caused it.
Sounds like my wife's problem. She's never figured out what it is.

How old are you? How is your weight?

I'm 39. And weight about 15 minutes. just kidding 155 pounds 6' long. My legs are really bothering me tonight, even worse than last night.

tribdog said:
I'm 39. And weight about 15 minutes. just kidding 155 pounds 6' long. My legs are really bothering me tonight, even worse than last night.
You could try regular exercise to increase circulation.

drink water. it could be dehydration as well, my legs often hurt when I am dehydrated. If not, walk for about 20-30 minutes and see if that helps them.

I am with NeoDevin on amputation. All you need is a bottle of Jack, a hack saw, and some rope to bite on. See, never as bad as you imagined. You could always go with the peg leg. It's suppose to be the raving new trend.

Newspeak said:
I am with NeoDevin on amputation. All you need is a bottle of Jack, a hack saw, and some rope to bite on. See, never as bad as you imagined. You could always go with the peg leg. It's suppose to be the raving new trend.

I always thought the double peg leg was particularly stylish.

Are you on any medication? e.g. for blood pressure or cholesterol?

Leg pain can be caused by a lower back problem.

1. Why do my legs hurt after exercise?

Leg pain after exercise can be caused by several factors. One possibility is delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS), which occurs when you engage in strenuous or unfamiliar physical activity. This type of pain is a normal response to exercise and usually resolves within a few days.

2. Why do my legs hurt at night?

Pain in the legs at night can be a sign of poor circulation, especially if it is accompanied by tingling or numbness. It can also be a symptom of restless leg syndrome, a neurological condition that causes an uncontrollable urge to move the legs. In some cases, leg pain at night may be a sign of an underlying medical condition, such as peripheral artery disease or arthritis.

3. Why do my legs hurt when I sit for too long?

Leg pain that occurs after prolonged periods of sitting can be due to poor posture, which can put strain on the muscles and joints in the legs. It can also be caused by a sedentary lifestyle, as lack of physical activity can lead to muscle weakness and stiffness. In some cases, leg pain when sitting for too long can be a sign of a blood clot, so it's important to seek medical attention if the pain persists.

4. Why do my legs hurt during pregnancy?

Leg pain during pregnancy is a common complaint, and it can be caused by a variety of factors. As the baby grows, the extra weight can put pressure on the legs and feet, leading to pain and discomfort. Hormonal changes during pregnancy can also cause ligaments and joints to loosen, which can contribute to leg pain. In some cases, leg pain during pregnancy may be a sign of a more serious condition, such as deep vein thrombosis, so it's important to consult a healthcare provider.

5. Why do my legs hurt when it's cold outside?

Cold weather can make muscles and joints tense up, which can lead to leg pain. Additionally, cold temperatures can cause blood vessels to constrict, which can reduce blood flow and cause pain. People with conditions like arthritis or fibromyalgia may also experience increased leg pain during colder weather. Staying active, keeping the legs warm, and using heat therapy can help alleviate leg pain in colder temperatures.