Do we know what type of organism first started life on Earth?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possible first organism on Earth and mentions three potential candidates - algae, PAH world, RNA world, and archaea. The speaker is unsure about the specific type of organism and is seeking clarification and possible insights from others.
nukeman
I am not sure on this, so hope someone can shed some light on this.

What type of organism was thought to be among the first on earth? I am not sure if this is the right way to ask this :)

Lets say if I wanted to see, or do tests on an organism, and my tests were related to doing tests on the first organism on earth, or the first life on earth, what would it be?

For some reason I thought algee was among the first on Earth after the heavy volcanic period, and when it started to first rain.

Thanks guys!

Astronomy news on Phys.org
look up:
PAH world
RNA world
archaea

1. What evidence do we have about the first life on Earth?

Scientists have found fossilized microbial mats, stromatolites, and chemical signatures in rocks that suggest the existence of early microbial life on Earth. These findings date back to 3.5 billion years ago, indicating that the first life may have started around this time.

2. Is it possible that life on Earth originated from another planet?

While the idea of panspermia, the theory that life on Earth originated from other planets, is still being studied and debated, there is no definitive evidence to support this claim. Many scientists believe that life on Earth originated on our planet through a process called abiogenesis.

3. What is the most commonly accepted theory for the origin of life on Earth?

The most commonly accepted theory for the origin of life on Earth is the primordial soup theory. This theory suggests that the early Earth had a warm, nutrient-rich environment where simple organic molecules could have formed and eventually evolved into more complex organisms.

4. How did the first life form on Earth survive in such harsh conditions?

One theory suggests that the early Earth had a reducing atmosphere, which means it lacked oxygen and was composed of gases like methane and ammonia. These gases could have provided energy for the first life forms to survive and reproduce.

5. Has the search for the first life on Earth been successful?

While there is evidence to support the existence of early life on Earth, the search for the first life form is still ongoing. Scientists continue to study and analyze rocks, fossils, and chemical signatures in hopes of gaining a better understanding of the origins of life on our planet.