PF Giving $100 to charity. You choose which Vote now

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, Greg is donating $100 to charity of the community's choice. Voting ends Friday 20th, and the donation will be sent in Monday the 23rd. There is a chance for some members to match the donation.

PF donates $100 to which charity?

• American Humane Association

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Helen Keller Worldwide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • American Forests

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Habitat for Humanity International

• Operation Homefront

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alzheimer's Association

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • American Red Cross

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Ronald McDonald House

• Total voters
It's simple! PF is giving $100 to charity of the community's choice! Voting ends Friday 20th! We'll send in the donation Monday the 23rd. Maybe we can get some members to match :)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
A brilliant idea :!)

I voted Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America !

Beautiful initiative, Greg!

I voted the red cross :redface:

My wife and I support our local Humane Society, so I picked that. We also budget for donations to the Salvation Army (much larger donations) but that was not a choice in the poll, or I would have gone for them.

Last edited:
Humane Society

You're the man Greg. Great Idea!

I'd donate for the research against AIDS... is there an option that does it?

I went with Habitat for Humanity, one of my favorite charities.

Personally I give to World Vision and our local food bank.

I figure third world countries need our help far more than anything or anyone in our first world countries.

When you say $100 dollars to Ronald McDonald House, that isn't some covert term for you dining out in McD's for a week?

My grandad had Alzheimers at the end of his life, so that's where my vote goes. I really hope they find a cure because it is truly a dreadful illness.

This is a really nice idea, Greg :smile:

How about giving $100 to all nine. :approve:

Astronuc said:

We're going to need a few more gold members! :)

cristo said:
My grandad had Alzheimers at the end of his life, so that's where my vote goes. I really hope they find a cure because it is truly a dreadful illness

Same here but a grandmother.

JaredJames said:
When you say $100 dollars to Ronald McDonald House, that isn't some covert term for you dining out in McD's for a week?

RMH (formerly RMCC - Ronald McDonald's Children's Charities) provides short-term housing for families with children undergoing treatment in distant hospitals.

Evo said:
Humane Society

Ditto...

Rhody...

Astronuc said:

Not clear on Greg's Matching Program and I can't afford 100.00, however I can buddy up to match 100.00 with someone who is making a donation. I don't need the details about donation buddy.
Or should we donate Gold memberships?

I voted Ronald McDonald House. Sick kids break my heart. Any amount of comfort that can given to sick kids is worth it.

Lacy33 said:
Not clear on Greg's Matching Program and I can't afford 100.00, however I can buddy up to match 100.00 with someone who is making a donation. I don't need the details about donation buddy.
Or should we donate Gold memberships?

I think the idea is you nominate a charity it goes to, no donation required.

JaredJames said:
I think the idea is you nominate a charity it goes to, no donation required.

Thanks Jared, I did that.

cristo said:
My grandad had Alzheimers at the end of his life, so that's where my vote goes. I really hope they find a cure because it is truly a dreadful illness.

This is a really nice idea, Greg :smile:

dlgoff said:
Same here but a grandmother.

I lost my grandma too to alzheimer's...sigh.

After a long shipping delay (i bought a charitygiftcertificates.org giftcard) I have finally designated the $100 to the Alzheimer's Association. Thanks all!

Awesome. The thanks should go to you, Greg! :smile:

Like I've always said, "you're the man" Greg.

Greg Bernhardt said:
After a long shipping delay (i bought a charitygiftcertificates.org giftcard) I have finally designated the $100 to the Alzheimer's Association. Thanks all!

And here I thought you were going to tell us you'd forgotten.

What? What??

Come on, you were thinkin' it!

1. What is the purpose of giving $100 to charity?

The purpose of giving $100 to charity is to make a positive impact on the lives of those in need. By donating to a reputable charity, you can help support various causes and improve the overall well-being of individuals or communities.

2. How can I ensure that my $100 will be used effectively by the charity?

Before donating, it is important to research the charity and ensure that it is a legitimate and reputable organization. You can also look into the charity's financial records to see how they use their donations. Additionally, consider donating to a charity that aligns with your values and has a proven track record of making a positive impact.

3. What type of impact can $100 make for a charity?

While $100 may not seem like a large amount, it can go a long way for a charity. Depending on the organization, $100 can provide food and shelter for those in need, fund medical treatments, support education programs, and more. Every donation, no matter the amount, can make a difference.

4. Can I choose which charity my $100 will go to?

Yes, you can choose which charity you would like to donate your $100 to. It is important to do your research and select a reputable charity that aligns with your values and has a proven track record of making a positive impact.

5. Is my $100 donation tax-deductible?

In most cases, yes, your $100 donation to a charity is tax-deductible. However, it is important to keep a record of your donation and consult with a tax professional for specific guidelines and requirements.