Advice needed setup fortran 2008? on window 7

In summary, setting up Fortran 2008 on Windows 7 involves downloading and installing the compiler and any necessary libraries or dependencies. It is important to ensure compatibility with the specific version of Windows 7 and to meet the minimum system requirements. Fortran 2008 can be used for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7, but the correct version of the compiler and libraries must be installed. There are many tutorials and resources available for learning how to use Fortran 2008 on Windows 7, including online tutorials, forums, and documentation provided by the developers. Consulting with other users or experts in the field can also be helpful.
markjohnconle
I am only partially computer literate.
I wish to be able to learn to code Fortran 2008?
What and where do I need to download free or buy to make this happen.
I have searched but get confused with not enough basic detail, like goto ... and hit ...
Anyone, thanks, mark

Technology news on Phys.org
here, let me google that for you...

www.fortran2008.com

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks gsal, great site but couldn't find SIMPLE instructions...it's alright now since another poster got me onto Silverfrost or something similar and i have downloaded, mark

1. What is the process for setting up Fortran 2008 on Windows 7?

The process for setting up Fortran 2008 on Windows 7 involves downloading and installing the compiler and any necessary libraries or dependencies. This can be done through a variety of methods, such as using a package manager or manually installing the files. It is also important to ensure that the system meets the minimum requirements for running Fortran 2008.

2. Are there any compatibility issues with using Fortran 2008 on Windows 7?

Fortran 2008 is compatible with Windows 7, but it is important to make sure that the compiler and libraries are compatible with the specific version of Windows 7 you are using. It is also recommended to check for any updates or patches that may address compatibility issues.

3. Can Fortran 2008 be used for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7?

Yes, Fortran 2008 can be used for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7. However, it is important to make sure that the correct version of the compiler and libraries are installed for the specific system architecture.

4. What are the system requirements for running Fortran 2008 on Windows 7?

The minimum system requirements for running Fortran 2008 on Windows 7 include a 1GHz or faster processor, at least 1GB of RAM, and 1GB of available hard disk space. It is also recommended to have a graphics card with at least 128MB of memory.

5. Are there any tutorials or resources available for learning how to use Fortran 2008 on Windows 7?

Yes, there are many tutorials and resources available for learning how to use Fortran 2008 on Windows 7. These include online tutorials, forums, and documentation provided by the compiler and library developers. It can also be helpful to consult with other users or experts in the field for guidance and advice.