The end of the universe(theory)

• Thread starter Uno Lee
  • Start date
In summary, they are discussing the expanding universe and how matter approaches the speed of light. They say that once it reaches this point, it becomes heavier and closer to infinite mass, and this is why we need such huge, powerful machines to accelerate microscopic particles. They also mention the black hole, which has an event horizon. If an observer falls into an event horizon, time would seem normal to them but when they look back to where they were, all the stars would be supernova-ing and they would witness the universe come to an end. They say that when matter is accelerated, its mass increases and the most dense form of matter is the black hole. They say that when we reach this
Uno Lee
They now say that the universe is expanding and accelerating. It's not only getting bigger but bigger faster! Now, everyone knows, as matter approaches the speed of light, it gets heavier and closer to infinite mass. This is why we need such huge, powerful machines to accelerate microscopic particles.(particle accelerators)
The most heaviest thing in the universe is the black hole. The curious thing about the black hole is that it has an event horizon, the point of no return. Every thing, even light, that enters the event horizon, never comes out, and on top of this, time goes all wonky because of the intense gravitation. If an observer was to fall into an event horizon, time would seem normal to them but when they look back to where they were, all the stars would be supernova-ing and they would witness the universe come to an end!

When a gun is shot, the bullet starts to slow (due to friction) after the initial big bang. When you drop a ball from a tree, it accelerates to the ground(due to gravity). Is the whole universe falling out, toward a future singularity?

The Universe (continued?)
Now, where are we? The farthest points of the universe are accelerating faster and faster and thus growing in mass until it reaches the density of the black hole and creates an event horizon. As the "farthest points in space" are all around us, an event horizon will surround the universe. This will become the maximum area of the universe, encapsulating it, and all thing inside will continue to accellerate toward that outerwall (event horizon) until nothing is left within . As Einstein said "without things there is no time or space."
THE END
This makes more sense, I think, then dark energy or vacuume energy. I guess that if an event horizon surounds the universe then we could be inside a giant black hole.

Space news on Phys.org
There's indeed a theory like this, named "the big crunch" by cosmologists but I can't really say more about it because cosmology's not my thing. Here's an article,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_crunch

There is also "the big rip' theory where the expansion accelerates out of control until even atoms are torn apart. What remains is a state that suspiciously resembles the kind of state that MAY have preceeded the big bang. This sort of thing is collectively referred to as "cyclical universe" theories. They are philosophically appealing, but inherently untestable. Information about ancestor universes is irretrievably lost in these models - not unlike the black hole information paradox. On the other hand, if the laws of thermodynamics are not transcendentally imposed upon the 'fabric' of the universe, such scenarios are not nearly so unbelievable. Here is food for thought:

Spontaneous Inflation and the Origin of the Arrow of Time
http://arxiv.org/abs/hep-th/0410270

I was taught about "the big crunch" years ago but that dosn't make sense, if the farthest things away in the galaxy are accelerating, and "the big rip" depends upon some hitherto unknown force that will grow and repell gravity, magnatism and every other atractive force in the universe. Does time reverse direction below the event horizon of a black hole?

Last edited:
If the arrow of time reverses below the event horizon then it would not be the end, but possibly another beginning.

Now, (I'm new at this) it's time to do some number crunching.

1. We know that the farthest parts of the universe are accelerating away and the closer we get to us, the less so, with the exception of Andromeda which is heading toward us, but this may be an anomaly (chaos theory.)
2. We don't know if there is anything to stop it. So, let's assume (I hate that word) there isn't. This means that it will keep going away even faster.
3. When matter is accelerated (I'm referring to high percentages of the speed of light) , it's mass increases.
4. The most densest form of matter is that of the black hole with its event horizon.

So my question is: What is the distance (in light years) that matter must travel, at its given rate of acceleration, to increase in mass to the point of becoming that of a black hole? The answer will be the radius of this universe.

Fantasy and fact do not always collide.

I have a great deal of difficulty with black holes too! The concept that we may be surrounded by them (at a calculateable distance) scares the willies out of me!

I think that evidence of this concept (if it has arrived yet) would be massive cosmic and x-ray bursts randomly coming from the furthest reaches of space from all parts of the sky, as distant matter of enormous mass, falls into (hits?) the outer event horizon surrounding (and absorbing?) our universe.

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, and this is my first post. Hope your guys will help me :smile:
I'm writing an essay on the Second law of Thermodynamics, and I have some problems with the Heat Death of the Universe. I wonder if the theory of heat death is true, and if the Universe ends up in a state of heat equilibrium instead of the Big Crouch, which I have known earlier. Thanks a lot.
PS: Please tell me if my post is in the wrong place.

"Heat won't pass from a cooler to a hotter
you can try it if you like, but you'd far better notter
'cause the cold in the cooler will get hotter as ruler
because the hotter bodys' heat will pass to the cooler."
Flanders and Swann

Quick question:

Assuming the universe is on the surface of a hyper-sphere (IE: 2 d universe on 3d sphere)
Assuming it is expanding

Then everything has an inherent 'speed' away from everything else (even though both objects are at rest wrt the sphere's center). This would mean that moving faster than c could be 'achieved'. Consider the example of a photon orbiting a black hole at the event horizon (where it won't escape or fall in). Since the universe is expanding, the photon will be 'moved' away from the black hole and escape.

So maybe the event horizon, which is defined as the point of no return (right?), would depend on the universe not expanding? (it should be smaller)

Elastic space?

If matter could go away from us faster than light, would the information coming back from it, ever reach us?
Matter increases in mass as it approaches the speed of light, so at some point, it would collapse under its own weight--as long as it continues to accelerate.
For that escaping photon...gravity caused event horizons, slow down time so you may find a residual glow (your escaping photon), after distant matter of enormous mass, falls into the event horizon (causing cosmic and x-ray bursts.) The last information coming from that event will last until the end of the universe.

Finite Universe, Infinite Void

As a shaman, one who can leave my body, i have been and seen the universe from the great void in my travels. The great 'void is Infinate, the Universe is Finite'. It looks like a luminous [star light] egg shaped oval and it expands at intravals of cycles of growth. If any physicists here, have questions please do ask me, i would be glad to assist you in any of your questions. Anyone who is a physicist to create or support the military, i prefer not to give any information because it causes harm to people.

Blessings M

Black Holes are just Magnetic Receptors

The basis of a Black Hole is to absorb electricity. It creates a balance the electro-magnetic fields of anything. Suspention is needed at a Zero point for anything to be balanced to something else. In the black holes, magnetic spirals, and yes they are spirals, they hold whatever creation is within their pulling field around them, whether its a million miles away in its domain, or a few hundred feet. You could probably expereince the same thing in the womb, when a fetus is developing. The magnetic field goes up in a womans' body in order to maintain a precise balance to the childs electrical neuron system. Its easy!

seattleshaman said:
Anyone who is a physicist to create or support the military, i prefer not to give any information because it causes harm to people.

What's the equation of state of the dark energy?

1. What is the end of the universe theory?

The end of the universe theory, also known as the ultimate fate of the universe, is a scientific hypothesis that attempts to explain how the universe will end and what will happen to all matter and energy within it.

2. What are the different theories about the end of the universe?

There are currently three main theories about the end of the universe: the Big Crunch, the Big Freeze, and the Big Rip. The Big Crunch suggests that the universe will eventually stop expanding and begin to contract, ultimately collapsing in on itself. The Big Freeze predicts that the universe will continue to expand and eventually reach a state of maximum entropy, resulting in a cold and lifeless universe. The Big Rip theory proposes that the expansion of the universe will continue to accelerate until all matter and energy are torn apart.

3. How long until the end of the universe?

It is impossible to determine exactly when the end of the universe will occur as it depends on various factors such as the rate of expansion, the amount of matter and energy in the universe, and the effects of dark energy. Some theories suggest it could happen in billions of years, while others predict trillions or even infinite years.

4. Will the end of the universe be sudden or gradual?

This is still a topic of debate among scientists, and it depends on which theory is correct. The Big Crunch and Big Rip theories suggest a sudden and catastrophic end, while the Big Freeze theory implies a gradual decline over a long period of time.

5. Is there a way to prevent the end of the universe?

As of now, there is no known way to prevent the end of the universe. However, some scientists theorize that advanced civilizations may be able to manipulate the laws of physics and find a way to extend the life of the universe. Others believe that the end of the universe is a natural and inevitable part of the universe's life cycle.