What Should You Do After Applying for a Job at Los Alamos National Laboratory?

• Thread starter ilmareofthemai
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Application
In summary, the conversation discusses a person's application for a post-bachelor's research assistant position at Los Alamos National Laboratory. The person asks for advice on their next steps and whether they should contact the company or wait for them to contact them. Another person shares their experience working abroad and advises against directly contacting employers for job updates.
ilmareofthemai
Hello Physics Forums Community,
I have just applied online for a post-bachelor's research assistant position at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
Does anyone work there/have experience with them?
I'm wondering what my next step should be.
Are they going to contact me? Should I contact them?
Thank you very much.
R

Physics news on Phys.org
ilmareofthemai said:
Hello Physics Forums Community,
I have just applied online for a post-bachelor's research assistant position at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
Does anyone work there/have experience with them?
I'm wondering what my next step should be.
Are they going to contact me? Should I contact them?
Thank you very much.
R
From what I know and also in my (non-US) culture, it is no good to directly contact and ask people if they hire you or not, we tend to wait for the answer from the employers. I used to go abroad to work as an assistant and it was my traumatic experience because they paid me very low, only enough for the daily basic needs. Later on I become really allergic when hearing advice for me to work abroad.

1. What is the purpose of the Los Alamos-Online Application?

The Los Alamos-Online Application is a web-based platform designed to streamline the application process for scientists and researchers who wish to work at Los Alamos National Laboratory. It allows applicants to submit all required materials, track their application status, and communicate with the hiring team.

2. Who can use the Los Alamos-Online Application?

The Los Alamos-Online Application is available to all individuals who meet the qualifications for employment at Los Alamos National Laboratory. This includes scientists, engineers, technicians, and other professionals in various fields.

3. How do I access the Los Alamos-Online Application?

The Los Alamos-Online Application can be accessed through the official Los Alamos National Laboratory website. Simply navigate to the "Careers" section and click on the link for the online application. You will need to create an account and login to begin the application process.

4. What documents do I need to submit through the Los Alamos-Online Application?

The specific documents required may vary depending on the position you are applying for. However, in general, you will need to submit a resume, cover letter, and any relevant certifications or transcripts. The online application will guide you through the required materials and provide instructions for submission.

5. How long does the application process through the Los Alamos-Online Application take?

The length of the application process can vary depending on the number of applicants and the specific position. However, on average, it can take 4-6 weeks from the time of application submission to receive a final decision. The online application allows you to track the progress of your application and communicate with the hiring team for updates.