How do irrational numbers play a role in physics?

In summary: This is a platform for verified scientific information.In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's theories regarding physical facts derived from the size of powers in physics and the first fraction of an irrational number. They are curious about whether this is redundant with current science and how it relates to irrational numbers. The speaker also mentions the connection between these numbers and physics and asks if physicists have considered this. However, they do not have an answer and acknowledge that this is not verified scientific information.
bhpv
Hi,
I have some theories about physical facts derived from the size of powers in physics, compared to the first fraction of an irrational number.

I do not know if this is redundant with present day science, but I am curious about it.

Regards,
Justin

Physics news on Phys.org
bhpv said:
Hi,
I have some theories about physical facts derived from the size of powers in physics, compared to the first fraction of an irrational number.

I do not know if this is redundant with present day science, but I am curious about it.

Regards,
Justin

Could you possibly be just a little more vague? I almost have some tiny idea of what you might be talking about, but not really.

bhpv said:
Hi,

Regards,
Justin

I've always wondered what physicists, who are nothing if not rational, think about irrational numbers. Do your theories shed some light on this?

Hi,

It is rational but not proven by me, nor do I know if it is profound.i.e.:
1.7 ^-27

2.7.. is e.

1.6 ^-19

1.6.. is natural constant (golden ration)
Both these numbers with both high power come from physics.
So why should they not correspond to the irrational number?I do not know the anwer to this, and so not what physicists might do with such numbers.

Sorry, bhpv, we don't allow speculation or personal theories here.

1. What are irrational numbers in physics?

Irrational numbers are numbers that cannot be expressed as a ratio of two integers. They are numbers that have an infinite number of decimal places and cannot be represented as terminating or repeating decimals.

2. How are irrational numbers used in physics?

Irrational numbers are used in physics to represent physical quantities that are continuous and cannot be measured with exact precision. They are also used in mathematical models and equations to describe natural phenomena.

3. Can irrational numbers be observed in the physical world?

No, irrational numbers cannot be directly observed in the physical world. They are mathematical concepts used to describe and explain the natural world.

4. Are irrational numbers important in physics?

Yes, irrational numbers are crucial in physics as they help us understand and describe the world around us. They are used in various mathematical models and equations to accurately represent physical phenomena.

5. Can irrational numbers have a physical meaning?

No, irrational numbers do not have a physical meaning. They are abstract mathematical concepts that are used to represent and describe physical quantities in a precise and accurate manner.