Store equilibrium points of a 3D system in a (x,y,z) array

In summary, to access the solutions of your equations in MAPLE, you can use the subs command and to plot the equilibrium points as a function of the 3 parameters, you can use the fsolve command.
marellasunny
I have a complicated 3d nonlinear differential system which I solve algebraically using maple's solve command. I aim to find the equilibrium points of the system using MAPLE and then plot these equilibrium points as a function of the 3 parameters alpha,beta,gamma(a.k.a.bifurcation diagram). The problem is that I have many equilibrium points as the solution and they are very lengthy in nature. In MATLAB,I would have accessed these solutions using STRUCTURES. How do I do so in MAPLE? Below,you will find part of the code with an form of the equilibrium points.

L1:=equation1=0
L2:=equation2=0
L3:=equation3=0

sys := {L1, L2, L3}; var := {x, y, z};
f3 := solve([L1, L2, L3], {x, y, z});
The output looks like this:
x1=fn(alpha,beta,gamma);y1=fn(alpha,beta,gamma);z1=fn(alpha,beta,gamma)...

x29=fn(alpha,beta,gamma);y29=fn(alpha,beta,gamma);z29=fn(alpha,beta,gamma);

Thats a lot of solutions and I would like to access them in (x,y,z) terms.How do I do that in MAPLE?

Attachments

• expres.jpg
    expres.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 363
Technology news on Phys.org
You can access the solutions of your equations from the f3 output in MAPLE by using the subs command. For example: f3_x1 := subs(f3[1], x);This will give you the value of x1 as a function of alpha,beta and gamma. You can then use this value to substitute into other equations. For example, if you want to find the value of y1 as a function of alpha,beta and gamma, you can use the following command:f3_y1 := subs(f3[1], y);In order to plot the equilibrium points as a function of the 3 parameters alpha,beta and gamma, you can use the fsolve command. This command will allow you to solve the system of equations for a certain set of values given for alpha, beta and gamma. For example: fsolve({L1, L2, L3}, {x, y, z},{alpha=2,beta=3,gamma=4});This will solve the system of equations for the given values of alpha, beta and gamma and return the values of x, y and z as a list. You can then use these values to plot the equilibrium points on a bifurcation diagram.

1. What is a store equilibrium point in a 3D system?

A store equilibrium point in a 3D system refers to a point or set of points in space where the forces acting on the system are balanced, resulting in the system being in a state of rest or constant motion. This can also be understood as the point where the potential energy of the system is at a minimum.

2. How are equilibrium points stored in a (x,y,z) array?

Equilibrium points are stored in a (x,y,z) array by assigning each point a set of coordinates in the form of (x,y,z). These coordinates are used to represent the position of the equilibrium point in three-dimensional space, allowing for easy organization and retrieval of the points.

3. How is a 3D system represented in an (x,y,z) array?

A 3D system is represented in an (x,y,z) array by storing the coordinates of each point in the system in the array. This allows for the entire system to be represented as a collection of points in three-dimensional space.

4. How does the (x,y,z) array help in analyzing a 3D system?

The (x,y,z) array helps in analyzing a 3D system by providing a visual representation of the system and its equilibrium points. By plotting the points in three-dimensional space, patterns and relationships between the points can be observed, aiding in the understanding and analysis of the system.

5. Can the (x,y,z) array be used for systems with more than three dimensions?

No, the (x,y,z) array is specifically designed for three-dimensional systems and cannot be used for systems with more than three dimensions. Additional dimensions require a different method of representation, such as a (x,y,z,w) array for four dimensions or a matrix for higher dimensions.