Robotics Competition for College Students in 2021

In summary, the robotics competitions that are available to the public are US FIRST, Line Follower, Designers Quest, and EXCEED.
exequor
Does anyone know of any robotics competition that will be taking place sometime later this year or next year?

I'm looking for a competition that involves college level students.

Computer science news on Phys.org
The US FIRST competition is held once a year. The competition is for high school students, but college students and professional engineers typically team up to mentor the high school teams.

RoboCup has ongoing competition in various categories

http://www.robocup.org/

Marinetech.org has an underwater robotics competition for college level as well as HS level students.
http://www.marinetech.org/rov_competition/
The Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International also has an underwater robotics competition (http://www.auvsi.org/competitions/water.cfm )for college and HS students as well as unmanned ground vehicle(http://www.igvc.org/) and unmanned aerial vehicles (http://www.bowheadsupport.com/paxweb/seafarers/default.htm ).
I hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
robosoccer...not sure if they merged with teh robocup link that's above.

That's quite a few competitions, thanks for the links guys. I was expecting more local (US) competitions though.

RoboCup US Open is probably the closest that I have seen so far, and if it is held the same time every year then it should be held next may again (which is good).

thanx billblack. the funny thing is that I came across that site before in google but i clicked about 5 links and i got the location as in India or singapore. Now that I have looked at the list closer i can see many US competitions.

KURUKSHETRA'09 the battle of brains is about to
start with a variety of events providing an opportunity
to show ur talent..it includes-

1. EXCEED- A national level robotics contest which has
prelims in Pune and Bangalore followed with the finals
during K!09

2.THE ROAD NOT TAKEN - Do u think u can build a robot
that can steer itself?check this event for details

3.ROBO SOCCER - fun filled soccer game where each team
builds 2 robots and traditional soccer games rules
apply.

4.LINE FOLLOWER- task is to build a robot that can reach
the centre of the maze using the shortest possible path

5.DESIGNER'S QUEST - This is ur platform to design a
swimmer robot that can find its way in a turbulent
pool..

There are more interesting events and exciting prizes to
be won! For further details visit www.kurukshetra.org.in
DONT MISS IT!

What is a robotics competition for college students?

A robotics competition for college students is an event where students design, build, and program robots to complete various tasks and challenges. These competitions allow students to apply their knowledge of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) in a practical and competitive setting.

What are the benefits of participating in a robotics competition?

Participating in a robotics competition can provide students with valuable skills such as problem-solving, teamwork, and project management. It also allows them to showcase their technical abilities and creativity. Additionally, these competitions often offer networking opportunities and can enhance a student's resume or college application.

What are the rules and regulations of a robotics competition?

The rules and regulations of a robotics competition vary depending on the specific event and organization hosting it. However, most competitions have guidelines for the size and weight of the robot, as well as rules for how the robot can interact with the competition field or other robots. It is important for participants to carefully review and follow all rules to ensure fair play and safety.

What types of tasks or challenges are typically included in a robotics competition?

Robotics competitions often include a variety of tasks and challenges that require different skills and strategies. These may include navigating through an obstacle course, picking up and moving objects, or completing a specific task like solving a puzzle. Some competitions also have a theme, such as space exploration or environmental sustainability, and tasks are designed around that theme.

How can I get involved in a robotics competition for college students?

There are several ways to get involved in a robotics competition for college students. Many colleges and universities have their own robotics teams or clubs that participate in competitions. You can also search for local or national competitions online to see if there are any open to college students. Additionally, some organizations offer grants or sponsorships for students to participate in robotics competitions, so it may be worth reaching out to potential sponsors for support.