Recommend me electronics testing equipment

In summary, the individual is looking for an analogue function generator similar to the tektronix cfg250, which can produce frequencies up to 2mhz. They also need a power supply with 40 volts and 500mA. They prefer a device without a screen and mentions that tektronix does not sell anything under $2500. They also mention using a tektronix power supply and function generator, but are open to recommendations from others. They mention that HP/Agilent is a good company for high-quality test equipment, but may not be within their budget. They also mention that other companies may not be as reliable as tektronix.
triden
What I really need is an analogue function generator of some sort. Right now I am using a tektronix cfg250 which can put out up to 2mhz frequencies (square, sine, sawtooth, etc). Is there anything similar to this? I don't want anything with a screen on it...but it looks like tektronix doesn't sell anything under $2500 anymore.

I also need a power supply...40volts and 500mA would suffice. Any recommendations from the electronic savvy people out there?

Thanks

PSU I am using now: http://www.tek.com/site/ps/0,,3M-15099-INTRO_EN,00.html
Function generator: http://www.tek.com/site/ps/0,,3M-15102-INTRO_EN,00.html

Engineering news on Phys.org
The best company is hp/agilent which makes the highest quality test equipment, you can find pretty good deals on ebay.

tek only makes good oscilloscopes, besides that other companies aren't really reliable.

I'm not sure HP and Agilent is within his budget. Sometimes good enough is truly good enough.

1. What types of electronics testing equipment are available?

There are several types of electronics testing equipment available, including multimeters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, and logic analyzers. Each type of equipment serves a specific purpose and can be used for different types of testing.

2. How do I choose the right electronics testing equipment for my needs?

The best way to choose the right electronics testing equipment is to first determine what type of testing you will be doing. Then, consider the specifications and features of each equipment and compare them to your testing requirements. It is also important to consider your budget and the accuracy and reliability of the equipment.

3. Can I use one piece of equipment for all types of electronics testing?

No, different types of electronics testing require different equipment. While some equipment may have multiple functions, it is best to use specialized equipment for each type of testing for accurate and reliable results.

4. How often should I calibrate my electronics testing equipment?

It is recommended to calibrate your electronics testing equipment at least once a year or whenever you notice any changes in the accuracy of the results. Regular calibration ensures that the equipment is functioning properly and providing accurate measurements.

5. Can I rent electronics testing equipment instead of buying it?

Yes, there are companies that offer rental services for electronics testing equipment. This can be a cost-effective option for short-term projects or for trying out different types of equipment before making a purchase. However, if you will be using the equipment frequently, it may be more cost-effective to buy it.