Text to speech computer phone call

In summary: All I see is the text to speech applications. I need to be able to combine that with something that allows me to make phone calls from my computer. All I've been able to find that works is iCall.
leroyjenkens
I just downloaded a program called iCall that allows me to make phone calls from my computer. My only problem is is that I don't have a working microphone. I was wondering if there was any way to use a text to speech device to allow me to call someone, hear what they say through my speakers and I can talk to them by typing what I want to say and an electronic voice says it to them. Think there's anyway to do that?
Thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
You'll find dozens by doing a google search.

Why don't you go buy a cheap headset?

Evo said:
You'll find dozens by doing a google search.

Why don't you go buy a cheap headset?

What words did you use to search? I can't find any.

I'm going to buy a cheap one on ebay, but I have to wait for my money transfer to paypal.

Evo said:
My headset cost me $10 at Walmart. You don't need anything fancy to make a phone call. I even got a free one when I bought my $39 webcam.

http://www.google.com/search?source...=1T4GGLL_enUS339US339&q=text+to+speech+online

What I'm looking for is not only text to speech, but also I want to be able to use that speech to talk to someone I call from my computer. It would be like a chatroom, but they're talking normally and I can hear it through my headphones and instead of me talking back to them through the mic, I would be typing and what I type would be spoken to them by the computerized voices.

leroyjenkens said:
What I'm looking for is not only text to speech, but also I want to be able to use that speech to talk to someone I call from my computer. It would be like a chatroom, but they're talking normally and I can hear it through my headphones and instead of me talking back to them through the mic, I would be typing and what I type would be spoken to them by the computerized voices.
Did you see the links to the different aps?

Evo said:
Did you see the links to the different aps?

All I see is the text to speech applications. I need to be able to combine that with something that allows me to make phone calls from my computer. All I've been able to find that works is iCall. I don't think I can combine a text to speech program with that.

1. How does text to speech technology work?

Text to speech technology works by converting written text into spoken words. The process involves text analysis to identify the words and punctuation, natural language processing to determine the pronunciation and tone, and audio synthesis to create the speech.

2. What are the benefits of using text to speech technology for phone calls?

Text to speech technology can improve accessibility for individuals with disabilities, save time and resources by automating phone calls, and provide a more personalized and natural experience for callers.

3. Can text to speech technology be used in multiple languages?

Yes, text to speech technology can be used in multiple languages. Advanced systems have the ability to recognize and process different languages, accents, and dialects to provide accurate and natural-sounding speech.

4. Is text to speech technology reliable for business phone calls?

Yes, text to speech technology is reliable for business phone calls. With advancements in artificial intelligence and machine learning, text to speech systems can accurately recognize and interpret human speech, making them a reliable tool for business communication.

5. How can I implement text to speech technology for my business phone calls?

There are various text to speech software and services available for businesses to implement in their phone systems. It is important to research and choose a reliable and customizable solution that meets your business needs and integrates well with your existing systems.