Set a custom security level in Windows 8 to view Latex

In summary, to set a custom security level in Windows 8 to view Latex, you need to open the Control Panel, go to "Internet Options", select "Custom Level", enable "Active scripting", and click "OK". You can also set a specific security level for a particular website by adding it to the Trusted Sites list and customizing the security level for that site. The purpose of setting a custom security level is to have more control over your internet browser's security settings. It should not affect the performance of your computer unless the level is set too high. It is not necessary to set a custom security level for every website, but it can be done for specific websites that may have issues with the default security level.
Philosophaie
How do you set a custom security level in Windows 8 to view Latex.

Physics news on Phys.org
Philosophaie said:
How do you set a custom security level in Windows 8 to view Latex.

??

I don't understand your question. You want to hide latex writing to those below a certain security level?

I just recently increased the security level to high and the Latex are not showing up only the code that is posted for it displays. What category in Custom needs to be Enabled to view Latex?

Last edited:

1. How do I set a custom security level in Windows 8 to view Latex?

To set a custom security level in Windows 8 to view Latex, follow these steps:
1. Open the Control Panel and select "Internet Options"
2. Go to the "Security" tab
3. Select "Custom Level"
4. Scroll down to the "Scripting" section and find "Active scripting"
5. Select "Enable"
6. Click "OK" to save the changes.
This will allow you to view Latex content on your browser.

2. Can I set a specific security level for a particular website in Windows 8?

Yes, you can set a specific security level for a particular website in Windows 8.
1. Open the Control Panel and select "Internet Options"
2. Go to the "Security" tab
3. Select "Trusted Sites"
4. Click on the "Sites" button
5. Type in the URL of the website you want to set a custom security level for
6. Click "Add" and then "Close"
7. Select the newly added website and click "Custom level"
8. Make the desired changes to the security level for that website
9. Click "OK" to save the changes.
This will apply the custom security level to that particular website only.

3. What is the purpose of setting a custom security level in Windows 8?

Setting a custom security level in Windows 8 allows you to have more control over the security settings for your internet browser. It helps to protect your system from potential threats and allows you to customize the level of security based on your preferences.

4. Will setting a custom security level affect the performance of my computer?

In most cases, setting a custom security level will not affect the performance of your computer. However, if you set the security level too high, it may cause certain websites or applications to not function properly. It is recommended to only make necessary changes to the security level to maintain a balance between security and functionality.

5. Do I need to set a custom security level for every website I visit in Windows 8?

No, you do not need to set a custom security level for every website you visit in Windows 8. The default security level is usually sufficient for most websites. However, if you encounter any issues with a particular website, you can set a custom security level for that specific website as mentioned in question 2.