VOTE GROUP 2 - Bad Picture

In summary, the contest is for pictures that reflect the theme of a bad picture. There are five entries, and Moonbear is the winner.

VOTE GROUP 2 - Bad Picture!

• Chi Meson

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • ZapperZ

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • 0TheSwerve0

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Moonbear

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Andre

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BobG

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
This is the second group for this contest.

Please vote for the picture that best reflects our theme for this contest: a bad picture in terms of mistakes in picture taking. You have one vote for each group.

1. Chi Meson
harvard.jpg

2. ZapperZ
IMG_0392.jpg

3. 0TheSwerve0
blurrypic.jpg

4. Moonbear
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6195/halloweenuu9.jpg

5. Andre
http://home.wanadoo.nl/bijkerk/sparrow.JPG

6. BobG
http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/2002/nobidetwq6.jpg

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=134772"

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I had to go with Moonie on this one. That was one bad picture! A tripod and proper exposure would have solved the whole thing, but the result was pretty trashcan-worthy.

Edit: I really like the entries by 0TheSwerve0 and Andre. Neither of them are "bad", just interesting results of the camera settings in dynamic situations. And ZZ wins "best unintentional special effect" - Killer shot!

Last edited:
turbo-1 said:
I had to go with Moonie on this one. That was one bad picture! A tripod and proper exposure would have solved the whole thing, but the result was pretty trashcan-worthy.
*takes a bow* Thank you, thank you! The only thing I'm left wondering is...why did I save that photo all these years?! :rofl:

Yep, me too. I think MBs shot sucks the best.

I went with Moonbear too. That picture is just bad.

you really suck, BobG, but I still love you.:!)

Yeah I had to go with moonbear as well

I voted Moonbear. That's one bad picture.

:biggrin: I knew if I kept entering contests, I'd finally find one where I had just the right picture to have a good chance of winning. :rofl:

Yep, Moonbear it is in this bunch. I actually can't figure out why Andre entered his shot in this contest. Catching a bird mid-flight like that is quite a trick.

Anyhow, and Moonbear said, she couldn't even figure out which side was up with that one. No kididing. :biggrin:

This is a reminder that you have barely a day left to vote in this contest. So get them in if you haven't done so already!

Zz.

Moonbear said:
:biggrin: I knew if I kept entering contests, I'd finally find one where I had just the right picture to have a good chance of winning. :rofl:

The funny part is... it had to be a bad picture. :biggrin:

1. What is "VOTE GROUP 2 - Bad Picture"?

"VOTE GROUP 2 - Bad Picture" is a label or category used in scientific research to identify a set of images that are considered to be of poor quality or not suitable for analysis.

2. How are images categorized as "VOTE GROUP 2 - Bad Picture"?

Images are typically categorized as "VOTE GROUP 2 - Bad Picture" based on specific criteria set by the researcher or scientific community. This may include factors such as blurriness, low resolution, or artifacts that may affect the accuracy of analysis.

3. Why is it important to identify and separate "VOTE GROUP 2 - Bad Picture" images?

Identifying and separating "VOTE GROUP 2 - Bad Picture" images is important because it helps ensure the accuracy and reliability of scientific research. Including poor quality images in analysis can skew results and lead to incorrect conclusions.

4. What are some common causes of "VOTE GROUP 2 - Bad Picture" images?

Some common causes of "VOTE GROUP 2 - Bad Picture" images include technical issues with equipment or software, human error in image capture or processing, and environmental factors such as poor lighting or image interference.

5. How can researchers prevent or minimize the number of "VOTE GROUP 2 - Bad Picture" images in their data?

Researchers can take several steps to prevent or minimize the number of "VOTE GROUP 2 - Bad Picture" images in their data. This may include using high-quality equipment and properly calibrating it, carefully selecting and training personnel responsible for image capture and processing, and implementing quality control measures throughout the research process.