Does this mean that hairy males are more neanderthal?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mean
In summary: Hormones? Environmental factors? There are several potential causes for excessive hairiness in men. However, it is important to note that hairiness is not necessarily linked to Neanderthal DNA, as there is currently no genetic evidence of interbreeding between Neanderthals and humans. This could be an interesting topic for further research and discussion. In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of Neanderthal DNA in humans causing excessive hairiness in men, but there is currently no genetic evidence to support this claim. There are several potential causes for excessive hairiness, including genetics, hormones, and environmental factors. The conversation also touches on the confusion caused by an April Fool's Day article.
Physics news on Phys.org
Posted the day before April Fool's day?

I remembering reading that Neanderthals and humans were too genetically different to produce offspring. I'm a skeptic.

JasonRox said:
Posted the day before April Fool's day?

No, i posted it today 27 sept ?

Last edited:
wolram said:
No, i posted it today 27 sept ?

I think Jason was referring to the fact the article in the link you gave was posted on the 31st of March 2007.

Kurdt said:
I think Jason was referring to the fact the article in the link you gave was posted on the 31st of March 2007.

I do get confused, i am in the middle off rebuilding a gearbox and checking parts against
the spares list, non of them match up?
So what is it that makes some men so hairy?

wolram said:
I do get confused, i am in the middle off rebuilding a gearbox and checking parts against
the spares list, non of them match up?
So what is it that makes some men so hairy?

Genetics?

1. Does having a lot of body hair mean that someone has more Neanderthal DNA?

No, having a lot of body hair does not necessarily mean that someone has more Neanderthal DNA. While Neanderthals are often depicted as having a lot of body hair, this trait is not directly linked to their DNA. It is possible for someone with less body hair to have more Neanderthal DNA and vice versa.

2. Are people with more body hair considered more primitive?

No, body hair does not determine a person's level of "primitiveness." Body hair is simply a genetic trait that varies among individuals and does not reflect overall human evolution.

3. Can we accurately determine someone's Neanderthal ancestry based on their body hair?

No, there is no scientific evidence to suggest that body hair can accurately determine someone's Neanderthal ancestry. DNA testing is the most reliable method for determining genetic ancestry.

4. Is there a correlation between body hair and intelligence or behavior?

No, there is no scientific evidence to suggest a correlation between body hair and intelligence or behavior. These traits are much more complex and cannot be determined based on physical appearance.

5. Do all Neanderthal DNA carriers have a lot of body hair?

No, not all Neanderthal DNA carriers have a lot of body hair. As mentioned before, body hair is a genetic trait that can vary among individuals, regardless of their Neanderthal ancestry.