Have You Seen the Photos of LHC? Absolutely Mind-Blowing!

In summary, the conversation was about the photos of the Large Hadron Collider, with one person expressing amazement at the images and wishing they could work there. The other person shared a link to the photos and joked about needing tall physicists for scale in the photos.
jnorman
Photos of LHC - fantastic!

i don't know if someone has already posted a link to these photos, but if you haven't seen them, check them out - totally incredible. man, i wish i worked there...
http://www.boston.com/... .../2008/08/the_large_hadron_collider.html

Physics news on Phys.org

Amazing. You really don't want to be the guy that dropped a screwdriver in that lot!

We used to joke that they should breed a standard 2m tall physicist, since the only purpose of particle physics grad students was to stand in the photos to give the detectors scale.

1. What is LHC?

LHC stands for Large Hadron Collider, which is the world's largest and most powerful particle accelerator located at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) in Switzerland. It is used to study the smallest particles that make up our universe.

2. What are the photos of LHC capturing?

The photos of LHC capture the different components and structures of the particle accelerator, as well as the experiments being conducted within it. They may also capture the scientists working on various aspects of LHC.

3. Why are the photos of LHC considered fantastic?

The photos of LHC are considered fantastic because they show the cutting-edge technology and advancements in science being used to understand the fundamental building blocks of our universe. They also showcase the immense scale and complexity of the LHC, which is a remarkable feat of engineering.

4. How do the photos of LHC contribute to science?

The photos of LHC contribute to science by visually documenting the experiments and results of research being conducted at the facility. They also serve as a way to communicate and share the discoveries and advancements made at the LHC with the public and the scientific community.

5. Where can I see more photos of LHC?

More photos of LHC can be found on the official CERN website, as well as on various scientific and news websites. Some photos may also be shared on social media platforms by scientists and organizations involved with the LHC.