Test in physics in school tomorrow

Matt discussed how to calculate the final temperature when two fluids with known temperatures and heat capacities are mixed together. The formula for calculating the total energy is the sum of T (temperature) multiplied by C (heat capacity) for each fluid. Then, the equation E = T (C1 + C2) is used to solve for the final temperature.
Freidrichen
Hi
I'm having a test in physics in school tomorrow and would need some help on the following problem:

Two fluids with knows temperatures and known capacity (or whatever it is called. C anyway) are poured together and after a while they have the same temperature.
How can one calculate that temperature?

Thanks in advance.
//Freidrichen

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
First calculate the total energy, which is the sum of [tex]T \times C[/tex] for each fluid. Then you say that they end up with the same temperature so you have to solve
[tex] E = T ( C_1 + C_2 )[/tex]

where E is the total energy and the C's are the two heat capacities and here T is the temperature they end up at (which you are trying to determine).

Matt

Ok
Thanks alot!

//Freidrichen

1. What topics should I focus on for the physics test tomorrow?

It is important to review all the material covered in class, but some key topics to focus on include: Newton's laws of motion, energy and work, electricity and magnetism, and basic kinematics.

2. How should I prepare for the physics test tomorrow?

Start by reviewing your notes and textbooks, and then practice solving problems and equations related to the topics covered. You can also try studying with a group or creating flashcards to help with memorization.

3. Will there be any calculations on the physics test tomorrow?

Yes, there will most likely be calculations on the test. It is important to understand the concepts and formulas, as well as how to apply them in problem-solving situations.

4. Are there any specific equations or formulas I should memorize for the physics test tomorrow?

Yes, it is important to have a solid understanding of key equations and formulas such as F=ma, E=mc², and V=IR. However, you will also be provided with a formula sheet during the test, so focus on understanding the concepts rather than just memorizing equations.

5. How should I manage my time during the physics test tomorrow?

Make sure to carefully read and understand each question before attempting to solve it. If you get stuck on a question, move on to the next one and come back to it later. Also, keep an eye on the time and allocate enough time for each section of the test.