Book on Quantum Physics by BIEs - Help Needed

In summary: I'll check out Griffiths and Isham!In summary, Arthur Beiser's book "Concepts of Modern Physics" is recommended to me by a physics professor. It is a popular book, and I conveniently forgot the name. I found out the name of the author through finding the book with the help of a friend. The book is about quantum physics and I am an electronics engineer so I am very interested in this topic. I think that the best book to understand quantum physics is "Intro to Quan Mech" by David J Griffiths, "Principles of QM" by R Shankar, and "Modern Quan Mech" by J J Sakurai. After reading these books, you will be able to apply quantum mechanics to
yash25
Some days ago, a professor in physics recommended a book on Quantum Physics to me. It's
quite a popular book ,he'd said. But I conviniently forgot the name! All I remember is the first three letters of the name of the author, they are "BIE" and there is an "s" somewhere(which the professor pronounced as "z") in the name. All I remember is that, the name was quite short( around 6-8 letters long). Can anybody help me with the name of the book?

Physics news on Phys.org
I couldn't find anything under B-I-E, but for B-E-I I found a physics textbook author named Arthur Beiser. Best bet would be to ask your professor though.

Thank you very much sir, Arthur Beiser it was! I wasa mistaken about the BEI..actually, was a bit confused about the actual spelling. This clears a lot of things , thanks again!

Kurdt, well, I did actually find the book with BAnders1's help..but thank you very much for helping out! I'm sorry for my confusion about the actual spelling..Thanks again !

Which book is this?

yogeshbua said:
Which book is this?

I think it's Arthur Beiser's Concepts of Modern Physics. There's also the briefer Modern Physics: an introductory survey by the same author.

Danke.

Yes , it is Arthur Beiser. Well, I've got a doubt of my own.
Now, I am an electronics engineering student, and I've had very little experience with physics. Also, I was very intruged by quantum physics and it's use in the basics of electronics like electron flow, superconductivity,etc. Is this the best book around to understand Quantum Physics or Modern Physics?

I'd recommend
1) Intro to Quan Mech by David J Griffiths
2) Principles of Q M by R Shankar
3) Modern Quan Mech by J J Sakurai

(The latter only to be read after the first two)
for Quan Phy.

For modern Physics, no idea! There's so much that any particular author will be good at something and gross at other topics!

Hey..thanks! I'll surely refer to this stuff..can i ask u if i have doubts?

Caution: The applications come in after mastering the basics.
And indeed, you probably can, and certainly may, ask doubts. Just message me the link to the corresponding thread...
Cheers,

Thank you very much! I'll start right away!
Best wishes!

My standard recommendation for QM is

1. Introduction to quantum mechanics, by David Griffiths.
2. Lectures on quantum theory: mathematical and structural foundations, by Chris Isham
3. Quantum mechanics: a modern development, by Leslie Ballentine.

I think Ballentine is much better than Sakurai. It would however be a really bad choice for a first book. You need something like the other two first.

Thanks!

1. What is the purpose of the "Book on Quantum Physics by BIEs"?

The purpose of the "Book on Quantum Physics by BIEs" is to provide a comprehensive and accessible resource for understanding the principles and theories of quantum physics. It aims to help readers gain a deeper understanding of this complex field of science.

2. Who are the authors of the "Book on Quantum Physics by BIEs"?

The "Book on Quantum Physics by BIEs" is written by a team of experts in the field of quantum physics from the BIEs (Bureau of International Expositions). They have a strong background in research and have published numerous works on the subject.

3. Is this book suitable for beginners in the field of quantum physics?

Yes, the "Book on Quantum Physics by BIEs" is designed to be accessible to readers with varying levels of knowledge on the subject. It covers the fundamental concepts and theories of quantum physics in a clear and concise manner, making it suitable for beginners.

4. Are there any practical applications discussed in the book?

Yes, the "Book on Quantum Physics by BIEs" not only covers the theoretical aspects of quantum physics but also explores its practical applications. These include technologies such as quantum computing, quantum cryptography, and quantum sensors.

5. How can I purchase the "Book on Quantum Physics by BIEs"?

The "Book on Quantum Physics by BIEs" is available for purchase online through various booksellers such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble. It is also available in select bookstores. Additionally, you can contact the BIEs directly for information on purchasing the book.