Bohm mechanics and compelx numbers

In summary, the conversation discusses the solution of the wave function Phi=R(x,t)Exp(Is/hbar) and its redefinition as Phi=Exp(iS1/hbar) with S1=s+(hbar/i)lnR(x,t). It is mentioned that applying the operator P to the wave function [phi> is equivalent to obtaining the classical momentum from the action S1 multiplied by Phi. The Hamiltonian H1 is also introduced as H1=H-(hbar/i)dR/dt.(1/R), and it is suggested that this could lead to the generalization of Bohmian mechanics to a mechanic of complex trajectories, with the possibility of quantification.
eljose
Let,s take the solution of the wave function Phi=R(x,t)Exp(Is/hbar) then if we redefine the Phi solution by Phi=Exp(iS1/hbar) wiht S1=s+(hbar/i)lnR(x,t)
then p[phi>=(dS1/dx)[Phi> so we would have that apply the operator P to our wave function [phi> is the same as the classical momentum obtained from the action S1 multiplied by Phi,w ealso would have the Hamiltonian H1 with H1=H-(hbar/i)dR/dt.(1/R) so we could generalize Bohmian mechanics to a mechanic of complex trajectories.

Physics news on Phys.org
eljose said:
Let,s take the solution of the wave function Phi=R(x,t)Exp(Is/hbar) then if we redefine the Phi solution by Phi=Exp(iS1/hbar) wiht S1=s+(hbar/i)lnR(x,t)
then p[phi>=(dS1/dx)[Phi> so we would have that apply the operator P to our wave function [phi> is the same as the classical momentum obtained from the action S1 multiplied by Phi,w ealso would have the Hamiltonian H1 with H1=H-(hbar/i)dR/dt.(1/R) so we could generalize Bohmian mechanics to a mechanic of complex trajectories.

Info: You may also make a quantification of the bohmian mechanics and see what it becomes.

Seratend.

1. What is Bohm mechanics?

Bohm mechanics, also known as the de Broglie–Bohm theory, is a quantum theory that explains the behavior of particles in terms of both wave-like behavior and particle-like behavior. It is based on the idea that particles have a well-defined position and trajectory, even at the quantum level, and that their behavior is influenced by a hidden variable known as the "quantum potential."

2. How does Bohm mechanics differ from other interpretations of quantum mechanics?

Bohm mechanics differs from other interpretations of quantum mechanics, such as the Copenhagen interpretation, in that it does not involve the collapse of the wave function or the role of measurement in determining the state of a particle. Instead, it posits that particles have definite positions and trajectories, and the wave function evolves according to the Schrödinger equation.

3. What is the role of complex numbers in Bohm mechanics?

Complex numbers play a crucial role in Bohm mechanics as they are used to describe the wave function of a particle. The wave function is a complex-valued function that encodes the probability amplitude of a particle at different points in space and time. The real part of the wave function represents the particle's position, while the imaginary part represents its phase.

4. How does Bohm mechanics explain the phenomenon of quantum entanglement?

Bohm mechanics provides a different explanation for quantum entanglement compared to other interpretations of quantum mechanics. In this theory, entanglement arises due to the non-local interaction between particles through the quantum potential. This allows for the particles to influence each other's behavior even when they are separated by large distances.

5. Are there any experimental tests that support Bohm mechanics?

There have been several experiments that have been proposed to test the predictions of Bohm mechanics. These include the delayed-choice quantum eraser experiment and the quantum double-slit experiment. While these experiments do not definitively prove the validity of Bohm mechanics, they do provide support for the theory and have ruled out some of its alternative interpretations.