How to move fast and not get smooshed

• Thread starter alkire
  • Start date
In summary, the idea involves using a nuclear or mega nuclear explosion in a chamber at the back of a ring spacecraft to propel it towards a desired planet. However, this method could lead to collisions with other objects. To address this issue, an auto spin feature would be enabled to adjust to the g forces and create manageable levels. This concept was first proposed in 1955 under the name Project Orion, but the idea of using a nuclear explosion for propulsion was not original.
alkire
bassically you need a nuclear or mega nuclear explosion in a chamber in the back of a ring spacecraft and use that as propulsion to fling it to the planet you want to go (downside being at that momentum the ship will run head on into anything that gets in the way.

after this auto spin is enable that way it adjust to the g forces and spins accordingly creating manageable g forces

this idea is very naked needs more too it.

Engineering news on Phys.org
alkire said:
bassically you need a nuclear or mega nuclear explosion in a chamber in the back of a ring spacecraft and use that as propulsion to fling it to the planet you want to go (downside being at that momentum the ship will run head on into anything that gets in the way.

after this auto spin is enable that way it adjust to the g forces and spins accordingly creating manageable g forces

this idea is very naked needs more too it.

The idea was first thought of in 1955 under the name of Project Orion

i didnt know that... fail. i don't read books on theory and stuff too boring but its fun to make stuff up... even the nuclear explosion chamber propulsion thing?

i know for a fact the ring with spin was already done

but there's no way that the nuclear explosion in a chamber forcing all that power outwards to make propulsion was my idea. if it wasnt that's pretty cool somone thought of it before me xD

edit: NO WAY! i read your quote its really was thought of before id did that's epic xD i have hope for mankind xD i feel so cool now ^3^

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How does speed affect the likelihood of getting "smooshed"?

Speed greatly increases the chances of getting "smooshed". The faster an object is moving, the more force it possesses. This force can cause more severe damage upon impact, making it more likely for an object to get "smooshed".

2. What can be done to move faster and avoid getting "smooshed"?

To move faster without getting "smooshed", one can increase their reaction time and agility. This can be achieved through regular exercise and training. Additionally, utilizing proper safety equipment and maintaining awareness of one's surroundings can also help prevent accidents while moving quickly.

3. How does the size and weight of an object impact its ability to move quickly without getting "smooshed"?

The size and weight of an object can greatly impact its ability to move quickly without getting "smooshed". Larger and heavier objects require more force to move at high speeds, increasing the likelihood of "smooshing". Additionally, the momentum of a heavier object can be more difficult to control and stop, making it more dangerous to move at high speeds.

4. Are there any techniques that can be used to move fast and avoid getting "smooshed"?

Yes, there are techniques that can be used to move fast and avoid getting "smooshed". These include maintaining proper form and posture while moving, utilizing proper breathing techniques, and practicing proper braking and stopping methods. Additionally, learning how to fall safely and protecting vulnerable areas of the body can also help prevent "smooshing".

5. Is it possible to move quickly and not get "smooshed" in all situations?

No, it is not always possible to move quickly and avoid getting "smooshed" in every situation. Factors such as terrain, weather conditions, and the presence of obstacles can make it difficult to move quickly without risking potential "smooshing". It is important to assess the situation and prioritize safety over speed in order to prevent accidents and injuries.