About bode plot horizontal axis question

In summary, the horizontal axis in bode plots represents frequencies in logarithmic scale. This means that the values on the axis are not equally spaced, but instead follow a logarithmic pattern. For example, w=0.1 corresponds to 10^-1, w=1 corresponds to 10^0, and w=10 corresponds to 10^1. This is different from a normal scale where the values would be equally spaced.
klmnopq
I have a question

I'm wondering in bode plot

we write the horizontal axis w rad/sec

what does this mean?
is it normal scale 0.1 0.2 0.3 ... etc with equal distances?? it's clear not because it's drwan on semilog paper

if it's the horizontal log w

why then we write 0.1 ,0.2 ,,1 , 10... etc?
we should then write the logaritmic value corresponding -1 ,0 , 1 ...

what's the horizontal axis?

* if i want to see w=10 rad/sec
I'll search at horizontal corresponding to w=10 ?
or I will serrch the horizontal on w=1? "log 10=1"?

waiting answer
thanks in advance

Engineering news on Phys.org

What is a bode plot?

A bode plot is a graph that shows the frequency response of a system. It plots the magnitude and phase of a system's output as a function of frequency.

What does the horizontal axis on a bode plot represent?

The horizontal axis on a bode plot represents frequency, usually in logarithmic scale. It shows the range of frequencies that the system is being tested at.

What information can be obtained from the horizontal axis on a bode plot?

The horizontal axis on a bode plot provides information about the frequency response of a system. It can be used to determine the system's gain, bandwidth, and stability.

Why is the horizontal axis on a bode plot typically shown in logarithmic scale?

The horizontal axis on a bode plot is typically shown in logarithmic scale because it allows for a wider range of frequencies to be displayed in a more compact manner. This makes it easier to see the overall behavior of the system across a wide range of frequencies.

Can the horizontal axis on a bode plot be adjusted?

Yes, the horizontal axis on a bode plot can be adjusted to change the frequency range or scale. This can be done to zoom in on a specific frequency range or to better visualize the behavior of the system at different frequencies.