Seeking a job with high school diploma,help please.

In summary, the person is asking for advice on getting a job before starting college. They have a high school diploma and a driving license and need a job that will allow them to support themselves and rent a room or shared apartment. They are also curious about starting college at 22 years old and whether that is too old. Other suggestions for jobs include joining the military or finding work in industries such as factory work, forestry, logging, or oil rigs. Additionally, it is noted that the person is in the US on a student visa and it is illegal for them to work unless they are in school.
YYaaSSeeRR
hi
I have to get a job before going to college ,I have to work for like a year before enrolling.
anyway,I have a high school diploma and a driving license.
what can I do with that?
I need a job which will enable me to live and rent a room or shared apartment.
I will start college at 22 years old as a freshman,is that too old btw?

Physics news on Phys.org
Can't really help you on the job front, but as far as the age you will be starting college, no, not at all! I went to college at 27, and there was people there older then me.

Seán

Likes 1 person
Do you have any specific skills? Are you averse to physical labor, or to sitting around in an office? How much money do you need to save up? What kind of expenses do you have?

There are all sorts of things you can do. A lot will depend on where you are, whether you're willing to travel, and what skills you have.

Have you thought about joining the military, for example? They may be looking for a committment of more than a year (and you know... there's the whole combat thing), but they'll house and feed you while you're on course or deployed, giving you a chance to save up some cash.

In general I would say be willing to travel and go to where the jobs are. In most places you should be able to find minimum wage-type work, but it's difficult to really save anything on that kind of budget, so try to find something that will pay a little more like factory work, foresty, logging, working out on the oil rigs... that kind of thing.

Oh, and about the only thing you're too old for at 22 is a Happy Meal.

YYaaSSeeRR said:
hi
I have to get a job before going to college ,I have to work for like a year before enrolling.
anyway,I have a high school diploma and a driving license.
what can I do with that?
I need a job which will enable me to live and rent a room or shared apartment.
I will start college at 22 years old as a freshman,is that too old btw?
YYaaSSeeRR, you are in the US on an F1 student Visa, as has already been pointed out to you it is illegal for you to work here unless you are in school. From your other thread about working instead of going to school, it's ILLEGAL. Please do not start anymore threads about this.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=4428917&postcount=7

1. What types of jobs can I get with a high school diploma?

With a high school diploma, you can get a variety of entry-level jobs in industries such as customer service, retail, food service, and administrative support. You can also pursue trade or vocational careers, such as electrician, mechanic, or cosmetologist.

2. Do I need any additional education or training to get a job with a high school diploma?

While a high school diploma may be enough for some entry-level jobs, additional education or training can make you more competitive in the job market. Consider taking courses or obtaining a certification in a specific field to enhance your skills and qualifications.

3. What skills do I need to highlight on my resume with only a high school diploma?

Even with just a high school diploma, you should highlight any relevant skills or experiences that make you a strong candidate for the job. This may include customer service skills, computer proficiency, or any extracurricular activities or volunteer work that demonstrate your leadership and teamwork abilities.

4. How can I stand out in a job interview with only a high school diploma?

During a job interview, you can stand out by showcasing your passion and enthusiasm for the position, as well as your willingness to learn and grow. Be prepared to discuss your skills and experiences, and how they make you a valuable asset to the company.

5. Are there any resources available to help me find a job with a high school diploma?

Yes, there are many resources available to help you find a job with a high school diploma. You can utilize job search engines, attend job fairs, and network with friends, family, and professionals in your desired field. Additionally, your school or local community may offer job placement services or career counseling.