Delete a thread

• Thread starter Angelino10
  • Start date
In summary, the ability to delete a thread on a platform or website may vary. When a thread is deleted, it is permanently removed and cannot be recovered. Some platforms may have guidelines or rules for deleting a thread, and the ability to delete individual comments within a thread may also vary.
Angelino10
A simple question, but I can't seem to find it anywhere on this site..

How do I delete my posted threads?

Physics news on Phys.org
You can delete posts(only your own) but no, you can't delete threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you make a report describing, in detail, why you think the thread should be deleted or edited then the mentors will consider it.

This is being handled by the Mentors.

1. Can I delete a thread on any platform or website?

The ability to delete a thread may vary depending on the platform or website you are using. Some platforms allow users to delete their own threads, while others may only allow moderators or administrators to do so.

2. What happens when I delete a thread?

When you delete a thread, it will be permanently removed from the platform or website. This means that other users will no longer be able to view or interact with the thread.

3. Is there a way to recover a deleted thread?

In most cases, once a thread is deleted it cannot be recovered. It is important to consider this before deleting a thread, as it will be permanently removed.

4. Are there any guidelines or rules for deleting a thread?

Some platforms may have specific guidelines or rules for deleting a thread. It is important to familiarize yourself with these guidelines before deleting a thread to avoid any potential consequences.

5. Can I delete individual comments within a thread?

This may depend on the platform or website you are using. Some may allow users to delete individual comments, while others may only allow the entire thread to be deleted. It is best to check the platform's guidelines for more information.