Request a physics/Astronomy Textbook Listing

• Thread starter Astrum
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of updating and organizing the textbook listings on the forum. The speaker suggests that mods should check the Request a physics/Astronomy Textbook Listing thread more frequently and that the listings should be sorted by topic. They also mention a way to filter the forums by prefix. The speaker also offers to help with the second question. The conversation ends with a discussion about the availability of requested books and a plan to update the requests in two weeks.
Astrum
I'm not really trying to complain, I'm just wondering if any mods actually check the Request a physics/Astronomy Textbook Listing thread. There are suggestions there from August! I think it would be nice to have the textbook listings updated every couple weeks or so.

I also have a suggestion (that's probably been said a dozen times already). Would it be possible to sort these books by topic? Even though the subject is listed on the left of the thread, it's not possible to only search through listings for one particular topic.

Physics news on Phys.org
I have no idea how available those requested books are, but maybe I can help with the second question:

You can filter the forums by prefix, both in the forum view (lower left corner) and the search function.

mfb said:
I have no idea how available those requested books are, but maybe I can help with the second question:

You can filter the forums by prefix, both in the forum view (lower left corner) and the search function.

I've never actually scrolled to the bottom of a thread list for the entire year I've been here. Thanks, that helps a lot.

What do you mean when you mention the availability of the requested books? Amazon has pretty much any book you can think of.

There should be a nice update to the requests in two weeks

1. What is the purpose of "Request a physics/Astronomy Textbook Listing"?

The purpose of this feature is to allow users to request specific physics or astronomy textbooks to be added to the listing of available textbooks for purchase or rental.

2. How can I request a textbook to be added?

To request a textbook to be added, simply navigate to the "Request a physics/Astronomy Textbook Listing" page and fill out the form with the required information, including the title, author, and edition of the textbook.

3. Is there a limit to the number of textbooks I can request?

No, there is no limit to the number of textbooks that can be requested. However, please keep in mind that the availability of the textbook will depend on its availability from our suppliers.

4. How long does it take for a requested textbook to be added to the listing?

The time it takes for a requested textbook to be added to the listing can vary, as it depends on the availability of the textbook from our suppliers. We strive to add requested textbooks as quickly as possible, but it may take several days or weeks.

5. Can I request textbooks for any level or subject within physics or astronomy?

Yes, you can request textbooks for any level or subject within physics or astronomy. Our goal is to provide a comprehensive listing of textbooks for our users, so we welcome requests for any textbook in these fields.