Artsy Pictures: Share Your Inspirations

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pictures
In summary, the conversation was about a person browsing the internet and coming across various photography websites with impressive pictures. The conversation then turned to a specific photo of Holland and a discussion about the techniques used in photography. One person then shared a personal story about attending a science camp in Taiwan and the amazing experiences they had there. The conversation ended on a positive note with the acknowledgement of the amazing world of photography.
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I was browsing the internet, and somehow I ended up on a site of a father who had gotten a digital camera for his birthday.. shooting pictures of the ordane things in life with unusual compositions.. http://www.davidchess.com/pictures/digicam/index.html

Somehow after that I ended up on the following site: www.photo.net and was amazed how touching some of the pictures are..

this one I found extraordinary:
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=1141753

It would be fun to see if anyone has interesting pictures too share?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I am not going to let anyone else post in this thread! hehe, these pictures are just too good :) here is one for the physicists under us: two water droplets colliding..

I saw the smaller thumb first and it looked like a jewel on a ring.. amazing shot!

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=1288689

This is TOO cool! The pictures are giving you all greating from Holland! nice.. I am having a little too much fun here.. time to stop :)

http://www.photo.net/photodb/member-photos?include=all&photo_id=1129911

very nice.

Nice huh? About those Holland pictures, that is right where I live! The cheese market is the city I studied in, can you imagine the bore, having to travel through this landscape everyday by train?

btw it is all reclaimed land from the sea.. the following picture is quite nice:

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=1269678

the road is at sea level

Are those photos straight from the camera or are they edited? The colors seem to extreme to be realistic.

Any good photographer will use polarizers and such :) the photographer mentions which pictures were modified and how.

Seriously, the site contains really good pictures of the most diverse subjects.

Originally posted by Monique
Any good photographer will use polarizers and such :) the photographer mentions which pictures were modified and how.

Seriously, the site contains really good pictures of the most diverse subjects.

I agree they are amazing photos, but I still like traditional b/w photos the best :)

I really miss there

http://www.angelfire.com/freak2/antiwork/2401755.jpg

Can you see there are small houses down there? That was the place where I had my 18 year old birthday, the place where I met a group of good friends who enjoy science as much as I do, the place where a 6-days science camp took place, the place where I discussed about SARS, Bernoulli's theorem, gene chip, frontiers of astronomy, etc with my friends till after 2am, 3am, 4am and even stayed up whole night for the discussions, the place where I had communication problems with most students there coz I couldn't speak Manderin well (my mother tongue is Cantonese), the place where I impressed an astrophysics professor by what I knew and the questions that I asked after lectures and "night talks", the place where I had too much unforgetable [edit:and happy] memories that I didn't want to leave.

I consider the chance of being able to attend this science camp one of the miracles in my life. The camp site was located in Tai-wan and I was one of the 5 invited students from Hong Kong. We went to Tai-wan by aeroplane and it was my first time traveling to a place that was far away from home without parents' surveillance.

This picture was taken on Saturday morning, about 6.30am. On friday night, we spent 3.5 hours walking up a mountain, which was about 1700m-1800m above sea-level, to stargaze and to watch sunrise! The camp site down there was about 1100m above sea level. It was very cold up there on the mountain top and I didn't sleep for one whole night! The coldness on the mountain top vanished immediately after the sun came out. At the time the picture was taken, I was already exhausted and could be able to fall asleep on the road at any time using less than 10 seconds.

Well, I really miss there. I think that was the most fantastic period in my life.

Last edited:
nice story!

All three ... very nice!
Thanks for sharing.
That's another way of communicating.
An amazing world full of variation.

1. What are "Artsy Pictures"?

"Artsy Pictures" are photographs or images that are unique, creative, and often have a deeper meaning or message behind them. They may incorporate different techniques, such as abstract composition, unusual angles, or vibrant colors, to evoke emotion and inspire the viewer.

2. How can I take better "Artsy Pictures"?

To improve your "Artsy Pictures," try experimenting with different camera settings, lighting, and composition techniques. You can also gain inspiration from other photographers and artists, and practice regularly to develop your own style and creativity.

3. What makes a picture "artsy"?

A picture is considered "artsy" when it goes beyond the traditional rules of photography and showcases unique perspectives, creativity, and emotion. It can also be subjective, as what is considered "artsy" may vary from person to person.

4. Can I use filters or editing software to make my pictures more "artsy"?

Yes, using filters or editing software can enhance your pictures and add a touch of creativity. However, it is important to use them in moderation and not rely solely on them to make your pictures "artsy." The most important aspect of an "artsy" picture is the concept and composition.

5. How can I share my "artsy" pictures with others?

You can share your "artsy" pictures on social media platforms, photography websites, or by participating in art exhibitions or contests. You can also create your own website or blog to showcase your work and connect with other artists and photographers.