Need Help Finding Radiation Physics Textbook

In summary, the speaker is looking for a textbook recommendation for radiation physics. They list the topics they are covering and express that they have already searched through their college library for relevant books but have not found a satisfactory one. They are hoping for a recommendation from someone who may know of a good textbook on at least a few of the topics.
Soilwork
Hey guys I need some help here.
There isn't a textbook for the Radiation Physics we are learning at the moment and all we use are the lecturer's lecture notes.
I was hoping that some of you might know of a really good textbook that covers radiation physics in depth.
The topics that we are covering are:

1. Radioactivity
2. Interaction of radiation with matter
3. X-Rays
4. Neutrons
5. Particle Accelerators
6. Detection Methods
7. Radioanlytical techniques
8. Radiation Dosimetry

Any recommendations would be really helpful.
I was thinking of posting this in the college help section, but I figured since it is just a textbook recommendation question that it could be suitable for the general discussion.
I'd appreciate anything thanks :)

Physics news on Phys.org
you're probably better off reading the approperiate sections of different textbooks. I can't think of a single book that'd cover all of that. skim through your college library for books on x-ray physics, instrumentation and experimental methdods and nuclear physics and you should be off to a good start.

Yeah I have done that and there are a few books that help a little, but I was wondering if somebody knew of a book that was particularly good at explaining at least a few of those topics.

1. What is radiation physics?

Radiation physics is a branch of physics that deals with the study of the interaction of radiation with matter and its effects.

2. What topics are typically covered in a radiation physics textbook?

A radiation physics textbook typically covers topics such as the nature of radiation, radiation sources, radiation detection and measurement, radiation dosimetry, and radiation protection.

3. What level of knowledge is required to understand a radiation physics textbook?

A basic understanding of physics, including concepts such as energy, matter, and waves, is necessary to understand a radiation physics textbook. Some knowledge of mathematics, particularly calculus, is also helpful.

4. Can you recommend a specific textbook for radiation physics?

There are many excellent textbooks on radiation physics, and the best one for you will depend on your specific needs and interests. Some popular choices include "Introduction to Radiological Physics and Radiation Dosimetry" by Frank Herbert Attix, "Fundamentals of Radiation Dosimetry" by Charles E. Roos, and "Radiation Detection and Measurement" by Glenn F. Knoll.

5. Are there any online resources or supplemental materials to accompany a radiation physics textbook?

Yes, many textbooks have accompanying websites or online resources that provide additional material, practice problems, and interactive tools to enhance learning. You can also find various lecture notes, videos, and simulations on radiation physics from reputable sources online.