Help Needed: Running .RAR Video Files

In summary: There is no specific software that you need to use to record live video. You can use any video capture program that you want, such as Windows Movie Maker or iMovie.
peejake
hello,
can anybody help me with a program to run .rar(basically video) files?

Thanks
Jake

Computer science news on Phys.org
Download a winrar http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar351.exe
then simply install, (next, next, next and so on)
then right click on a file, and do either extract files/ok or extract here.

hey guys thanks a lot...

i downloaded both the programs and they both worked well

Jake

No use using both. Keep the one you like and uninstall the other. :)

z-component said:
No use using both. Keep the one you like and uninstall the other. :)

Yeah i will, i just wanted to see which one was a better one...i have another question...Does anyone know which program would open a .l6t file?

thanks

As far as I am concerned there is no such extension as .l6t. What did you take this file from?
And what is it anyway?

heartless said:
As far as I am concerned there is no such extension as .l6t. What did you take this file from?
And what is it anyway?

Im very sorry guys...This file i got from a music forum site and i know what it is for...Its a file/patch for a specific sound on a guitar pedal line 6 POD...Im actually a Gt8 user so i didnt know about this .l6t

Thanks for your help though heartless...

Jake

I didn't help at all. So, do you know how to open/use that file *.l6t?

I presume that Line 6 provided some kind of computer software that downloads these kinds of patch files.

The POD is pretty cool, btw.

- Warren

heartless said:
I didn't help at all. So, do you know how to open/use that file *.l6t?

I meant to say thanks for taking the timeto help me! yeah there is a software on the official POD site that can be used to open these files, but they are only useful if you have a POD, I don't i have the GT8 :cool:

chroot said:
I presume that Line 6 provided some kind of computer software that downloads these kinds of patch files.

The POD is pretty cool, btw.

Yeah there is a special software that is designed by POD company to help to transfer these files from the POD to the computer and vice versa through midi input and output...Trust me chroot i have the Gt8 and its way better than the POD...i.e. in my opinion:smile:

I don't want to start another thread unnecessarily for my crazy questions, but this one is related to recording live video to your camera...Here is my question...How can i use my camera to record live video to my computer through USB if i can do it that way? Also what software can i use?

Thanks
Jake:smile:

1. What is a .RAR video file?

A .RAR video file is a compressed video file that has been archived using the RAR file format. This format is commonly used for storing large files or multiple files in a single compressed file.

2. How do I open a .RAR video file?

To open a .RAR video file, you will need to use a file extraction program such as WinRAR or 7-Zip. These programs will allow you to extract the files from the compressed .RAR file and access the video file inside.

3. Can I convert a .RAR video file to a different format?

Yes, you can convert a .RAR video file to a different format using a video conversion program. However, keep in mind that the quality of the video may be affected during the conversion process.

4. Why is my media player not able to play a .RAR video file?

Most media players are not able to play .RAR video files because they do not have the ability to extract the compressed files. You will need to use a file extraction program to access the video file inside the .RAR file.

5. Is it safe to download and open a .RAR video file?

In general, .RAR video files are safe to download and open as long as they are from a trusted source. However, it is always recommended to use caution when downloading files from the internet and to have a reliable antivirus program installed on your computer.