Please suggest me a book about this subject

• Thread starter farhad_mech
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of understanding the way genius people think and if there are any books that teach their thinking and rules of life. The speaker mentions their interest in the topic and their search on Amazon for books, but expresses skepticism towards books that claim to teach how to become a genius. They then ask for recommendations for books written by geniuses themselves and mention a few interesting books they have read about people who could be classified as geniuses. They also mention seeking advice from older professors for guidance on thinking mathematically.
farhad_mech
Hello
I have always been interested in how genius people of science think about the world and look and understand about different phenomenons around them ,in one sentence i am really interested about knowing "the way of thinking of genius people" ,so i though it is good to ask it here if there is any good book in teaching us how genius people think and teaches us their rules of life and scientific work,i just searched amazon and found tones of books about how to make yourself genius or these kinds of books which in my opinion most of them better go to garbage.
so i just want to know if you have read any good adn honest books in this aspect and found it really helpful to suggest it to other people.
another question:is there any honest book written by a genius human himself/herself (like von-neumann) that we can read and learn some of his/her important rules of thinking and life?
thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know of any books that teach you how to think like a genius - most people in the sciences will tell you that the material makes most sense only after you have rigorously studied the subject and spent enough time.

Here are some interesting books I have read about people that might be classified as a genius:

Surely you're joking, Mr. Feynman - A classic book about the second most popular physicist around. It reads like an autobiography, but it is a collection of stories and provides insight to the mind of a curious character.

The man who only loved numbers - story about the life of Paul Erdos, the second most prolific mathematician. Some might call him a savant but nonetheless, the book is interesting and describes how passionate one can be about the subject.

Also, in trying to guide my education and get advice on how to think mathematically, I've found that talking to older professors (>60 years) helped a lot, because they have been around for a while and seen everything, and usually have a good, unbiased view on the way a student is progressing. Although I don't know you're background so take that for what it's worth.

Last edited:

What are some popular books about this subject?

Some popular books about this subject are "Title 1" by Author 1, "Title 2" by Author 2, and "Title 3" by Author 3.

Can you recommend a beginner-friendly book about this subject?

A beginner-friendly book about this subject is "Title" by Author. It provides a comprehensive overview and is written in an easy-to-understand manner.

Are there any books that focus on a specific aspect of this subject?

Yes, "Title1" by Author 1 focuses on X aspect of this subject, while "Title2" by Author 2 focuses on Y aspect.

Are there any books that provide a historical perspective on this subject?

Yes, "Title" by Author provides a detailed historical perspective on this subject, tracing its origins and development over time.

What are some recent books about this subject?

Some recent books about this subject are "Title1" by Author 1, "Title2" by Author 2, and "Title3" by Author 3. These books incorporate the latest research and advancements in the field.