What country has more engineering jobs?

In summary, engineers often express a desire to move to a "better" country for their profession. As a student pursuing an engineering degree, you are wondering if this is true and if it would impact your decision on which language to learn. It is unclear if this sentiment is due to difficulty finding jobs or genuine belief in better opportunities in other countries. Additionally, it is suggested that selecting a specialty in engineering, particularly electrical engineering, may offer more portability. However, you have not yet declared a major.
ThomasG
I have read a lot of threads and talk to a few engineers and I hear a lot of engineers say that they would move to a "better" country for engineers. I am going to school now to become an engineer and I was wondering if there is any truth to this, that other country are better for engineers. I want to learn a new language and depending on what country has a lot of engineering job will help decide what language to learn. I also wanted to know if the engineers are saying this out of aggravation for having a hard to finding a job or is this something I should look into. Thank You very much for your help.

Engineering news on Phys.org
What specialty in engineering? EE is more "portable" than Civil, for instance. Have you declared a major (specialty) yet?

I don't know yet but I was thinking EE. But I have not declared a major yet.

1. What country has the most engineering jobs?

The United States has the most engineering jobs, with over 1.6 million employed engineers as of 2020.

2. What is the second highest country for engineering jobs?

China has the second highest number of engineering jobs, with over 1.1 million employed engineers as of 2020.

3. Is engineering a popular field in India?

Yes, engineering is a very popular field in India. It is estimated that there are over 1.5 million engineering graduates in India each year.

4. Which country has the highest demand for software engineers?

The United States has the highest demand for software engineers, with over 1 million job openings in 2020.

5. Are there any emerging countries with a high demand for engineering jobs?

Yes, countries like Germany, Japan, and South Korea are emerging as major hubs for engineering jobs and have a high demand for skilled engineers.