France: Better Bread, Butter, Cocktails & More

• Thread starter Chi Meson
  • Start date
In summary, France is known for having better quality food, especially in terms of bread, butter, cocktails, and pastries. They are also known for their wine, although opinions may vary on whether it is better than American wine. Additionally, France has famous landmarks like the Louvre and the French Alps, and they are known for their passion for things like wine and skiing. However, there may also be some negative aspects to France, but these will not be mentioned.
Sorry mum :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Have the United states ever won a war on their own?

Depends. Do Native Americans count as part of the United States?

edit: Actually, the Spanish-American war over Florida and such was fought alone, as far as I can recall.

Andy said:
Have the United states ever won a war on their own?

Has England in the last ... 300 years?

Even in the Pacific, the aussies were stragling in with us so technically we didn't even win that on our own... technically.

Smurf said:
Originally Posted by Andy
Have the United states ever won a war on their own?Depends. Do Native Americans count as part of the United States?
edit: Actually, the Spanish-American war over Florida and such was fought alone, as far as I can recall.

Don't forget about the Mexican war of 1847 in which we got over 1/3 of Mexico as booty. And we already had Florida before the Spanish-American War--We got the Phillipines, Cuba, and Puerto Rico in that war. And more recently, there was that little police action down in Panama.

Has England in the last ... 300 years?

Remember the falklands? It took our army longer to get to the falklands than it did for us to recapture it.

Andy said:
Remember the falklands? It took our army longer to get to the falklands than it did for us to recapture it.
:rofl: that's pretty funny

And on the topic of the Falklands, I recall that it was the FRENCH-made exocet missles that did severe damage to a couple of British battleships. These incendiary devices were so hot they caused the aluminum, 'scuse me, "aluminium" to start burning. Those French!

WarrenPlatts said:
Don't forget about the Mexican war of 1847 in which we got over 1/3 of Mexico as booty. And we already had Florida before the Spanish-American War--We got the Phillipines, Cuba, and Puerto Rico in that war. And more recently, there was that little police action down in Panama.

And it's sad that we're planning on giving back most of it by the year 2010

Pengwuino said:
And it's sad that we're planning on giving back most of it by the year 2010
What? Huh?

You're from California--so you know we've already given it back!

!Viva Poncho Villa!

Chi Meson said:
Wha-ho! Two-shay!
Touche is spelled... well, like I just spelled it. Except with an accent. English keyboard won't let me add it.

WarrenPlatts said:
You're from California--so you know we've already given it back!
!Viva Poncho Villa!

Yah but its not "official" yet.

Smurf said:
Touche is spelled... well, like I just spelled it. Except with an accent. English keyboard won't let me add it.
Wait, don't tell me...let me guess.. it's French, innit? They're even better at spelling!

The french are better at continuing nuclear testing...

yep, the exocet was a french missile, and a very useful one aswell. The argies where using british made missiles at the start of the war but for some reason the always seemed to miss the british ships, lol.

Chi Meson said:
Wait, don't tell me...let me guess.. it's French, innit? They're even better at spelling!
innit isn't even a word.

Andy said:
yep, the exocet was a french missile, and a very useful one aswell. The argies where using british made missiles at the start of the war but for some reason the always seemed to miss the british ships, lol.
that's one thing the french have always been mysteriously good at - weapon design.

Never any good at using them though.

that's not true.

Trafalgar? and what's the name of that famous ABBA song that won the eurovison song contest?

I will never understand how people can make ridiculous statements like "the french never were good at using weapons" and then think they are actually backing it up by citing a few battles that they lost. Idiocy!

Actually that's not strictly true, I think I understand it a bit better every time it happens.

I will never understand how people can make ridiculous statements like "the french never were good at using weapons" and then think they are actually backing it up by citing a few battles that they lost. Idiocy!

Actually that's not strictly true, I think I understand it a bit better every time it happens.

A fine person to preach about ridiculous statements. Do you think i would use a 200 hundred year old battle and a swedish pop band as references if i was being serious?

Andy said:
A fine person to preach about ridiculous statements. Do you think i would use a 200 hundred year old battle and a swedish pop band as references if i was being serious?
Hmmm, sorry. But I've heard worse. You never know what the fluffbunnies will come up with these days.

Smurf said:
innit isn't even a word.
It ain't? Mus be summat wrong wimme.