How competitive are the science programs at ucla

In summary, the speaker has been accepted into UCLA as an applied math/science major for the fall semester of 2006. They are considering changing their major and are interested in the science program at the university. They are also curious about the presence of attractive women at UCLA. The speaker's main goal is to obtain a practical degree and leave the university. They have not yet visited the campus and are considering attending an orientation in August. Another person in the conversation mentions the appeal of California and warns against trying to pick up girls in West Hollywood.
kant
ucla accepted me as an apply math/science major. I might change my major when i get into the university next fall. I am interest about the science program they have to offer there. Are there many hot chicks?

Physics news on Phys.org
I got accepted into UCLA for the fall semester of 2006. I am coming over from New York and will be entering into the engineering school for material science. I don't know what else to say but what were your plans again?

... my plan is simply. Get a practical degree, and get out. i never visited that university, so this thread is just my way of getting to "know" the university. i might attend the one day orientation thing on auguest. i wonder about the girls there..

Last edited:
It is California, beautiful girls, beautiful weather, the beach, the insane traffic :smile: Just don't expect to pick up girls in West Hollywood :rofl:

1. How does UCLA's science program compare to other top universities?

UCLA's science programs are highly competitive and consistently ranked among the top universities in the world. In fact, UCLA's Life Sciences and Physical Sciences departments are both ranked in the top 10 by U.S. News & World Report.

2. What makes UCLA's science programs stand out?

UCLA's science programs offer a combination of rigorous academic coursework, cutting-edge research opportunities, and access to top faculty members. The university also has strong partnerships with industry leaders and a wide range of resources and facilities for students to utilize.

3. How difficult is it to get accepted into UCLA's science programs?

Admission to UCLA's science programs is highly competitive, with an acceptance rate of around 14%. It is important for students to have a strong academic background and a passion for science to increase their chances of acceptance.

4. Are there any specific requirements for admission to UCLA's science programs?

In addition to meeting the general admission requirements for UCLA, students applying to the science programs must also have completed specific coursework in math and science, including biology, chemistry, and physics. They may also be required to submit SAT or ACT scores.

5. What opportunities are available for students in UCLA's science programs?

UCLA's science programs offer a wide range of opportunities for students to engage in research, internships, and hands-on experiences in their field of interest. The university also has strong connections with leading research institutions and companies, providing students with valuable networking opportunities and potential career paths.