New Develtopments In Chemical Engineering

In summary, the individual is seeking information on developments in Chemical Engineering for an upcoming interview. They have encountered difficulties obtaining this information due to the need for a subscription and payment for articles. They ask for recommendations on websites that offer free access to developments in Chemical Engineering. Another individual suggests visiting a University library, even if not currently enrolled, as they may have access to current journals through taxpayer funding.
LordArk
Need some help here.

I'm going for an interview for Chemical Engineering and I'd like to get some detailed info on what's happening in Chemical Engineering. I've looked at Chem Eng journals for developments and here's where the problem is. I have to subscribe since I'm not actually an engineer- money which I don't have, other places also include articles I have to pay for separately.
Have any of you got any websites that has developments...that are free?

Much thanks in advance

Engineering news on Phys.org
Go to the nearest University library - preferably one that offers Chem Eng degrees. They'll have the most current journals, especially if they have good research programs in-house.

I'm not in University, sorry if I didn't make this clear. I'm going for an Interview for a possible place to do Chemical Engineering in the University.

You don't necessarily have to be attending a University to access their libraries and read articles in their periodicals rooms. State colleges are funded in part with taxpayer money and you should be able to get some level of access to their periodicals.

1. What are some recent advancements in chemical engineering?

There have been many exciting developments in chemical engineering in recent years. Some notable advancements include the use of nanotechnology in materials and processes, the development of new renewable energy sources, and improved methods for waste management and pollution control.

2. How has technology impacted the field of chemical engineering?

Technology has greatly impacted the field of chemical engineering by allowing for more precise and efficient processes. For example, computer modeling and simulation have revolutionized the design and optimization of chemical processes, while automation and robotics have improved safety and productivity in manufacturing.

3. What role does sustainability play in modern chemical engineering?

Sustainability is a major focus in modern chemical engineering. This includes developing processes that are environmentally friendly and energy efficient, as well as finding ways to reduce waste and minimize the use of non-renewable resources. Many chemical engineers also work on projects related to renewable energy and alternative fuels.

4. How does chemical engineering contribute to other industries?

Chemical engineering has a wide range of applications and contributes to various industries, such as pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, cosmetics, and consumer products. Chemical engineers play a crucial role in the development and production of these products, ensuring their safety, efficacy, and cost-effectiveness.

5. What are the future prospects for the field of chemical engineering?

The future prospects for chemical engineering are promising, with a growing demand for sustainable solutions and advancements in technology. Chemical engineers will continue to play a crucial role in developing new materials, processes, and products to meet the needs of society and address global challenges.