Is it time to say goodbye to a valued mentor?

• Thread starter Moonbear
  • Start date
In summary: weeks?I can understand the resignation of mentorness, but leaving completely?We demand an explanation!Jeez, Moonie... this is a kicker. It's nice to hear that your life is going so well, but we'll certainly miss you. Hang onto my e-mail address.I hope this means you get to have a little more fun, and a lot more romance. Thanks for all you have done:!) We will always love ya!:eek: :bugeye:
farewell

Physics news on Phys.org
Somebody knows what is going on. start talking. did she get in trouble at work for spending so much time here? Did she get in a fight with someone? Did she think I wasn't coming back? someone start talking.

If she wanted to say, she would have said.

tribdog said:
Somebody knows what is going on. start talking. did she get in trouble at work for spending so much time here? Did she get in a fight with someone? Did she think I wasn't coming back? someone start talking.
If Moonbear would have wanted to tell you what went on, she would have. Somethings just aren't for public consumption.

Edit: Get out of my head Hurkyl! :wink:

Last edited:
Well I think that there's probably some unfortunate reason why she left and I do not think it is particularly pleasant. I haven't come across any forum when an established forum member (and a admin/mentor at that) leaves abruptly without explanation. And it appears to be an indefinite leave of absence. Probably other more established members of the forum knows the real reason behind her departure but they aren't saying.

I was banned when she left or I think she would have told me. She would have at least said goodbye.
And since when is asking about someone here "public consumption" she isn't public, she's family.

tribdog said:
I was banned when she left or I think she would have told me. She would have at least said goodbye.
And since when is asking about someone here "public consumption" she isn't public, she's family.
Even though you were banned she could have sent you a PM if she had wanted to. Obviously she didn't, ergo she didn't want to tell you. Get over it.

Since this forum is viewable by the general public anything discussed on here is for "Public consumption".

Fine, its forgotten. No need to be rude about it. Just because you are a mentor shouldn't give you the right to be rude. I care about moonbear and what happens to her and I think PF is a better place with her in it. I apologize if my showing concern for someone has upset you. I'll just ignore the fact that she is gone because not talking about something makes it disappear.
I remember when my puppy died. I asked my dad what happened and he said "get over it." compassion is so over rated.