Computer Science Forums: Comp Sci & Programming

• Thread starter Defennder
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation suggests reorganizing the forums to better reflect the content being discussed. This includes bringing back the old programming forum as the main forum and renaming it to Comp Sci & Programming, while relegating other forums as subforums. The Technology forum should also be renamed to General Tech and Computer Discussion. The speaker also suggests seeking input from Comp Sci students before implementing these changes and mentions the availability of a separate forum for programming questions.
Defennder
Homework Helper
This isn't really a major problem but as I see it, quite a number of threads in the Comp Sci forum doesn't have anything to do with computer science. They're more of general tech support and computer software related discussions. I know this was done some time back but I was thinking it would make more sense if we brought back the old programming forum as the main forum (and perhaps rename it as Comp Sci & Programming?) and relegate all the other forums as subforums. And we could rename the Technology forum to General Tech and Computer Discussion (or something along those lines), because that appears to reflect more of the content I see these days in the forum.

Any thoughts?

P.S. I'm not a Comp Sci student so perhaps we should wait to see if others with that background is happy with the suggestions outlined above.

Physics news on Phys.org
For programming problems go to http://stackoverflow.com/ , I can't see the point in another small software question forum.

1. What is Computer Science Forums: Comp Sci & Programming?

Computer Science Forums: Comp Sci & Programming is an online platform where individuals can discuss and share their knowledge, ideas, and questions related to computer science and programming. It is a community of like-minded individuals who are interested in these fields.

2. How can I join Computer Science Forums: Comp Sci & Programming?

To join Computer Science Forums: Comp Sci & Programming, you can simply go to the website and click on the "Register" button. You will need to provide some basic information and create a username and password. Once you have registered, you can start participating in discussions and asking questions.

3. What kind of topics are discussed on Computer Science Forums: Comp Sci & Programming?

The topics discussed on Computer Science Forums: Comp Sci & Programming are related to computer science and programming. This can include languages, algorithms, data structures, software development, computer hardware, and more. The discussions can range from beginner-level to advanced, catering to a wide range of individuals with different levels of knowledge and experience.

4. Can I get help with my programming assignments on Computer Science Forums: Comp Sci & Programming?

Yes, you can definitely get help with your programming assignments on Computer Science Forums: Comp Sci & Programming. However, keep in mind that this is not a platform for cheating or getting someone else to do your work for you. You can ask for guidance, clarification, and tips, but it is important to do your own work and learn from it.

5. Are there any rules or guidelines for participating in discussions on Computer Science Forums: Comp Sci & Programming?

Yes, there are rules and guidelines that all members are expected to follow on Computer Science Forums: Comp Sci & Programming. These include being respectful towards others, avoiding plagiarism, and staying on topic. It is important to read and understand these guidelines before participating in discussions to ensure a positive and productive experience for all.