Monster crocodile finally caught

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
In summary, a massive salt water crocodile has been causing terror in a fishing district in the Philippines for weeks, attacking multiple people and potentially eating one fisherman. It has now been captured and will be transferred to a zoo where it is expected to be a major attraction due to its size, measuring 6.4 meters and weighing 1075 kilograms. The fate of the fisherman who was suspected of being eaten by the crocodile is still unknown.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
For weeks, a huge salt water crocodile has terrorized a fishing district in the Philippines, attacking several people and suspected of having eaten at least one fisherman.
At last, it was caught in a trap, and will now be transferred to a zoo where it is expected to be the big star.
It IS rather big, measuring 6.4 metres (previous record was 5.74), weighing 1075 kilograms..
http://news.yahoo.com/giant-crocodile-captured-alive-philippines-134625838.html

Physics news on Phys.org
arildno said:
For weeks, a huge salt water crocodile has terrorized a fishing district in the Philippines, attacking several people and suspected of having eaten at least one fisherman.
At last, it was caught in a trap, and will now be transferred to a zoo where it is expected to be the big star.
It IS rather big, measuring 6.4 metres (previous record was 5.74), weighing 1075 kilograms..
http://news.yahoo.com/giant-crocodile-captured-alive-philippines-134625838.html

well that's a shame

i can't help but think about how the eaten fisherman's family feel about this...

From the title of this thread, I first thought you were talking about shoes. I think the zoo should at least give that family free access.

wukunlin said:
i can't help but think about how the eaten fisherman's family feel about this...
There are several other large crocs still at large in the vicinity, anyone of which could eat a person. Regardless, it is only suspected that a croc killed and ate the guy. All they actually know is that he disappeared when he went out fishing.

1. What is the size of the monster crocodile?

The monster crocodile that was caught measures at approximately 17 feet in length and weighs around 1,300 pounds.

2. Where was the monster crocodile caught?

The monster crocodile was caught in the remote town of Burketown in northern Australia.

3. How long did it take to capture the monster crocodile?

It took a team of experts and local rangers over 8 hours to capture the monster crocodile.

4. What will happen to the monster crocodile now?

The captured crocodile will be relocated to a nearby wildlife park where it will be studied and cared for by trained professionals.

5. Are there any other giant crocodiles like this one?

While there have been other large crocodiles documented, this monster crocodile is considered to be one of the largest ever caught in the region.

Back