PF Age Distribution - Learn About Different Age Groups

In summary, the conversation revolved around the age of the participants on the forum, with some expressing surprise at the range of ages present. Some members shared their age, while others joked about getting older. The conversation also touched on the advances in technology and how it has changed over the years. Some members also reflected on their own experiences and thoughts about aging. Overall, the conversation showcased the diversity of age groups on the forum and the different perspectives on the topic of age.

Age Distribution?

• 10s

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • 20s

Votes: 44 37.6%
  • 30s~40s

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • 50+

Votes: 31 26.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am 27 cycles old. Ambiguous, I know.

Physics news on Phys.org
why are 30's and 40's grouped together? I'm not OLD! 30 is the new 20!

Pythagorean said:
why are 30's and 40's grouped together? I'm not OLD! 30 is the new 20!

That would make me a teenager then. :(

Please don't turn me into a teenager.

Cherish it while it lasts

Old enough to have a checkout clerk swipe in the 'senior discount' without even asking.
Ouch! -- but now I look forward to the savings :-)

(and apparently old school enough to type my own emoticons, haha)

I don't get out to shop anymore, but I'd be in the same boat, rolerbe. I've got enough gray on my temples and my mustache to qualify. A couple of weeks back, I stopped into a furniture store to check out a recliner that my wife had recommended. The sales-woman was extolling the virtues of the chair, and when I asked her to check for prices and in-stock availability, she couldn't read the tag and had to go get a pair of reading glasses. She complained about not being able to read at short distances, and I asked how long that had been going on (I am a certified optician), and she said that it started being a problem when she turned 50. I thought "what?" She's slim, with a skinny butt and a pretty impressive chest and black hair. No way that lady is going to get a senior citizen's discount without photo ID.

I also looked forward to year 2k, only I waited for it a bit longer then some others here. Untll then I just subtracted 50 from the year to get the age I would turn that year. Now I have to add 50, not a happy change. Leave it to the user to figure out what year I was born.

Theres a good amount of old farts!

fellupahill said:
Theres a good amount of old farts!
I'm a very young man and always will be. The number of years that have gone by during my life is inexplicably high given my youth.

I'm also very young and if I don't wear my glasses when I pass mirrors I look pretty good too. For the kids on here, if you don't see yourself in a mirror you really don't know that you look old. You don't feel old inside unless you have health problems. If you're still doing the same physical and mental activities you've always done and are doing them to your satisfaction you don't feel old at all. You feel empowered because you've "made it". You're independent, know how to handle your finances, have a job you enjoy, family and friends you like and lots of other things that make your life really great. You know you're getting a bit long in the tooth though when kids Ma'am and sir you. Very annoying.

Reminds me of a Candid Camera (remember that?), where some boy scouts would approach girls in their 20's to 'help a little old lady across the road'. Many got really pissed...which was funny. :smile:

Objects in mirror are younger than they appear.

Jimmy Snyder said:
Objects in mirror are younger than they appear.
:biggrin:

guess this makes me the only 5 year old here :biggrin:!

ArcherofScience said:
guess this makes me the only 5 year old here :biggrin:!

:rofl:

Back