Looking for free download to burn YouTube video into DVD.

In summary, you can use a web site called "keepvid" to download youtube videos into .mp4 format for burning onto a dvd. There are many free programs that can be used to create a dvd from this format. However, you may need to use a different program to convert the .mp4 file into a dvd compatible format.
yungman
Hi
I don't know whether this is the right place to ask this question. I found some Math and Physics lectures on YouTube that I want to burn onto DVD so I can watch it on real TV with the standard video, not HD ( I am old school, still have old format with RCA connectors). Can anyone suggest a safe free download program to do this? Quality is of no importance, it's only lectures. As long as I can hear it and see it, it's all good.

Thanks

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
In previous threads here at PF, it's been mentioned that "keepvid" (a web site) can be used to download youtube videos, usually as .mp4 files. Do a web search for "download youtube video" to find a link to keepvid.

You'll then need software to start with a .mp4 file and end up with a dvd. Probably one program to convert the .mp4 file into dvd compatable format, and another to create the dvd.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Are we sure this is legal?
There have been previous threads here at PF that mentioned several of ways of doing this, so I assumed there were no issues, but the oldest of these threads was locked with no explanation, so I used a PM instead.

Last edited:
Greg Bernhardt said:
Are we sure this is legal?

I am 99% sure. There are a lot of programs that do this, I just want to find one that is safe and not bringing in virus or malware. I don't think this is any different from free programs like 7 zip to replace Winzip, pdf creaters and all, those are just open software. The catch is some of them just pull in a lot of add ons and it's a pest to get rid of them!

Ha ha, in fact, they even have free pcb layout and schematic creation program that is absolutely legal and free, Cadsoft Eagle is one big one that is used commercially. Of cause, they say you need to buy it if you use it commercially, but it's free if you are just playing with it and learn as a student. It is cheap also.

A Google search for "free dvd burning software" turns up a lot of hits, including a free version of Nero (Nero Qwik Media, which used to be called Nero BurnLite) for Windows.

cnet.com lists a whole bunch of them:

http://download.cnet.com/windows/cd-burners/

I'm a Mac guy, so I don't have experience with any of these. I use the commercial Roxio Toast for my burning needs.

rcgldr said:
the oldest of these threads was locked with no explanation,

All threads before about 2010 were locked early last year to prevent "extreme necroposting."

I use an addon called "Easy Youtube Video Downloader" on firefox. It add's an extra button below youtube videos that allows you to download the the video in some given format.

Then you'd have to use a CD/DVD burner application (others have posted several good options) to burn it to a dvd. There maybe some extra conversion required before you're able to get the video in a format that the burning software supports.

1. What is the best free software to burn YouTube videos onto a DVD?

The best free software for burning YouTube videos onto a DVD is DVD Flick. It is easy to use and supports a wide range of video formats. It also allows you to customize the DVD menu and add additional features like subtitles.

2. Is it legal to download and burn YouTube videos onto a DVD?

It is generally not legal to download and burn YouTube videos onto a DVD without the permission of the copyright owner. However, there are some videos on YouTube that are available under a Creative Commons license, which allows for free distribution and modification.

3. Can I burn multiple YouTube videos onto one DVD?

Yes, you can burn multiple YouTube videos onto one DVD using DVD Flick or other DVD burning software. However, keep in mind that the more videos you add, the lower the quality of each video will be.

4. How long does it take to burn a YouTube video onto a DVD?

The time it takes to burn a YouTube video onto a DVD will depend on the length and quality of the video, as well as the speed of your computer. Generally, it can take anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours.

5. Can I burn YouTube videos onto a DVD without losing quality?

It is not possible to burn a YouTube video onto a DVD without losing some quality. This is because YouTube compresses its videos to make them easier to stream, so the video file you download will already be of lower quality. However, using high-quality DVDs and burning at a slower speed can help minimize the loss of quality.