What Spray Could Make Laser Beams Visible?

In summary: It is possible to control the beam of light as has been done with televisions with an electromagnet. It is possible to help in the containment of the beams to narrow or tighen the beam with an electromagnet and if so allow for more than one laser beam to be trapped and forced into a tighter space and there by increase the power at convergence.
J1990
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has ever seen a movie where some people are robbing a bank or art gallery, and they spray something to make the laser beams show.

Does anyone know what type of spray could do this?

I have tried google, and I didn't know if this is the right place to ask this.

Thankyou.

Physics news on Phys.org
Well anything that produces a visible aerosal will work. Hell I think you can just blow smoke into an area and the lasers will reflect .

Yeah, the worst thing ever to hit a laser lab is a ban on smoking. That was the quickest way to find a beam. Light up a cig and blow some smoke.

When I was in school, the first time our physics teacher taught us optics, (refraction, etc) he bought a laser pointer, different types of lenses, a prism and a big plastic box. He took his cigarette lighter, lit an incense stick and put it in the box to fill it with smoke. Then he went on to show the various properties of light during refraction. It was pretty cool :cool:

Hello to all. My name is Warren I am new here and have a question or two. please keep in mind an forgive my ignorance and obvious lack of education here. I applogise ahead of time if any of my questions are basic or just stupid.

as i believe light is a function of electromagnitism. is it posiable to control the beam of light as has been done with tv's with an electromagnet? i assume so. if you can is it posiable to help in the containment of the beams to narrow or tighen the beam with an electromagnet and if so allow for more than one laser beam to be trapped and forced into a tighter space and there by increase the power at convergence? not sure if i even asked the questions right. any thoughts. I have been reading your posts with interest. I am currently building or at lest attempting to build a laser cutting table using a newer form of hexapod robotic cnc mill of my own desine and I have a need to use multiple diode lasers. about 40 watt apice. i want to use about 3 of them and bring the beams togeather. now I know I am opening a can of worms here. but i think i may be able to pull it off if i can manage to bring the beam togeather correctly.

thanks in advance for your kind reply's

Warren
www.phantasm1.com
Phantasm robotics inc.

1. How does the spray make laser beams visible?

The spray contains particles that reflect the laser light, making the beams visible to the naked eye.

2. Is the spray safe to use around lasers?

Yes, the spray is specifically designed to be safe for use around lasers and will not interfere with their function.

3. Can the spray be used on any color of laser beam?

Yes, the spray is effective on all colors of laser beams as it reflects the light rather than changing its color.

4. How long does the spray's effect last?

The spray's effect will last for the duration of the laser beam's use, but may need to be reapplied if the beam is turned off and on again.

5. Can the spray be used outdoors?

Yes, the spray can be used outdoors as long as there is no heavy wind or precipitation that may affect its effectiveness.