Advice on what cell phone to get

• Thread starter Lacy33
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cell
In summary, a senior looking for a simple phone should go to a Best Buy or some other major retailer and play with different types of phones.
I'm having the same problem. I'm sick of using my POS motorola razor that gets no reception and has a battery life of 5 minutes. All I want is just a simple phone I can call people with, is durable, gets good signal, and has a decent battery life but no one makes phones like this anymore.

Computer science news on Phys.org
I have had the new Motorola droid since day 1. I love this thing to death!

Moonbear said:
I agree. I can't even find a phone that doesn't have a camera on it anymore. I NEVER use the camera on my cell phone, and would be perfectly happy with one that doesn't have it (I think I have literally used the camera once, when I first got the phone, just to figure out how it works, then never touched it again).

I wouldn't even know what to suggest to someone who just wants a phone for...oh golly...calling people!
I don't even own a camera. I'm not a photographer, I don't need 12 megapixel pictures. The 5.0 megapixel camera on my new droid is awesome. It comes with 16 gb of memory so I can take plenty of pictures. In fact there is an app where you can take pictures of UPC codes of products in stores and somehow the app is able to figure out what product it is and look for the best price of that product at all the stores in your area. It's mind blowing what this thing can do!

<h2>1. What factors should I consider when choosing a cell phone?</h2><p>When choosing a cell phone, you should consider your budget, the operating system, the brand, the features, and the network compatibility. These factors will help you narrow down your options and find a phone that meets your needs and preferences.</p><h2>2. Is it better to buy a new or used cell phone?</h2><p>This depends on your personal preference and budget. Buying a new phone means you will have the latest technology and a warranty, but it can be more expensive. Buying a used phone can save you money, but you may not have a warranty and the phone may not have the latest features.</p><h2>3. How important is battery life when choosing a cell phone?</h2><p>Battery life is an important factor to consider, especially if you use your phone frequently or for long periods of time. Look for a phone with a long-lasting battery or one that has fast charging capabilities. You can also consider purchasing a portable charger for extended battery life.</p><h2>4. What is the difference between a locked and unlocked cell phone?</h2><p>A locked cell phone is tied to a specific carrier and can only be used with that carrier's network. An unlocked phone can be used with any carrier as long as it is compatible with their network. Unlocked phones are often more expensive, but they offer more flexibility in terms of network options.</p><h2>5. Should I consider the camera quality when choosing a cell phone?</h2><p>If you use your phone for photography or video, then camera quality is an important factor to consider. Look for a phone with a high resolution camera, optical image stabilization, and other features such as portrait mode or manual controls. However, if you primarily use your phone for calls and messaging, the camera quality may not be as important.</p>

1. What factors should I consider when choosing a cell phone?

When choosing a cell phone, you should consider your budget, the operating system, the brand, the features, and the network compatibility. These factors will help you narrow down your options and find a phone that meets your needs and preferences.

2. Is it better to buy a new or used cell phone?

This depends on your personal preference and budget. Buying a new phone means you will have the latest technology and a warranty, but it can be more expensive. Buying a used phone can save you money, but you may not have a warranty and the phone may not have the latest features.

3. How important is battery life when choosing a cell phone?

Battery life is an important factor to consider, especially if you use your phone frequently or for long periods of time. Look for a phone with a long-lasting battery or one that has fast charging capabilities. You can also consider purchasing a portable charger for extended battery life.

4. What is the difference between a locked and unlocked cell phone?

A locked cell phone is tied to a specific carrier and can only be used with that carrier's network. An unlocked phone can be used with any carrier as long as it is compatible with their network. Unlocked phones are often more expensive, but they offer more flexibility in terms of network options.

5. Should I consider the camera quality when choosing a cell phone?

If you use your phone for photography or video, then camera quality is an important factor to consider. Look for a phone with a high resolution camera, optical image stabilization, and other features such as portrait mode or manual controls. However, if you primarily use your phone for calls and messaging, the camera quality may not be as important.